Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » WebCenter Suite & Portal » Portal DADs (Oracle Portal, 10gR2, Win XP)
icon5.gif  Portal DADs [message #327040] Fri, 13 June 2008 09:11 Go to previous message
serioos
Hi everybody,

Here is my configuration:
SERVER1 : Oracle Application Server 10gR2 1.0.1.4 (Infrastructure and Portal & Wireless) for portal development.
SERVER2 : An Oracle Database Server 10gR2

My question:
How can I use SERVER2 Database Schemas as part of Portal development on the SERVER1? A way to use data stored in the SERVER2 Database...

The SERVER2 hosts a simple test Database in wich are stored datas, triggers... In fact, all that I need is a "Database provider" wich refer to a SERVER2 Database Shema to be use with portlets and so on.

I created some "General" DADs on the SERVER1 Portal instance HTTP Server (due to the authentification type SSO wich is locked for the Portal DAD type), and they are all created and up. They refer to shemas located in the SERVER2. Now, how can I use these schemas with my portlets? Do I create a new provider, but how again (how to refer to the SERVER2 with it)?
Here is my problem...

Thanks a lot!

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Discoverer Portlets - Job Time
Next Topic: 9i Portal: Certificate Signing Request
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 07:02:54 CDT 2024