Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » RAM (Oracle 11g R2,Windows Server 2008 R2)
RAM [message #677468] Sun, 22 September 2019 21:14 Go to next message
OracleFan168
Sorry for my bothering as I'm a green hand of Oracle Server (I have been using SQL Server over decade),Could you please help me with the following questions? thanks very much!

1. Could you please give me an example of using RAM to do Differential 、Cumulative and Full backup ?
2. Could you please give me an example of using RAM to do Differential 、Cumulative and Full recovery ?
3. I know there is exp and imp using for backup, but normally, when I do a backup or recovery, is the RAM often used for backup and recovery ?
Re: RAM [message #677470 is a reply to message #677468] Mon, 23 September 2019 00:41 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Welcome to the forum.

RAM? You mean RMAN (Recovery MANager)?

1 and 2. See Database Backup and Recovery User's Guide then Database Backup and Recovery Reference.

3. import/export and Data Pump are data and object backup up, not database one.
If a disk fails you can't restore the database with an export or data Pump dump, you have to have a RMAN backup.
They are 2 different purposes tools. RMAN should be used for database backup and recovery.

Previous Topic: Как лучше всего создать вторую БД?
Next Topic: RMAN Backup to UNC Path
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:47:57 CDT 2024