Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Character mode report with barcode.
Character mode report with barcode. [message #662510] Thu, 04 May 2017 11:27 Go to next message
jsanquintin
Hi, I want to add Barcode a few reports in character mode but i dont know how can do that.

Re: Character mode report with barcode. [message #662512 is a reply to message #662510] Thu, 04 May 2017 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I've created quite a few barcode fields, none of them in character mode reports. Thinking aloud: barcode = bitmap != character mode. Saying that, I'm not sure whether you can (or can not) create barcode in such a report type.

Anyway: search this forum, we've discussed barcodes previously; you might find something useful.

It is relatively a simple task to create a barcode field: select it in report's query, display it on the screen, select barcode font (such as IDAutomation Code 39) and you'll have it displayed. However, in order to successfully read it with a barcode scanner, you should follow certain rules. For example, I had to enclose numeric values into asterisks (*); otherwise, the result would have been something that looks like a barcode, but you couldn't read it with the scanner.
select '*' || empno || '*' empno_barcode,
       ename
from emp
Re: Character mode report with barcode. [message #662513 is a reply to message #662512] Thu, 04 May 2017 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jsanquintin
This option within the reports /forum/fa/13508/0/ is character mode, when I try to get the bar code in this way I print the value not in barcode
  • Attachment: MODE.PNG
    (Size: 3.49KB, Downloaded 2077 times)
Re: Character mode report with barcode. [message #662514 is a reply to message #662512] Thu, 04 May 2017 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jsanquintin
Littlefoot wrote on Thu, 04 May 2017 13:58
I've created quite a few barcode fields, none of them in character mode reports. Thinking aloud: barcode = bitmap != character mode. Saying that, I'm not sure whether you can (or can not) create barcode in such a report type.

Anyway: search this forum, we've discussed barcodes previously; you might find something useful.

It is relatively a simple task to create a barcode field: select it in report's query, display it on the screen, select barcode font (such as IDAutomation Code 39) and you'll have it displayed. However, in order to successfully read it with a barcode scanner, you should follow certain rules. For example, I had to enclose numeric values into asterisks (*); otherwise, the result would have been something that looks like a barcode, but you couldn't read it with the scanner.
select '*' || empno || '*' empno_barcode,
       ename
from emp
I need print this value in code bar /forum/fa/13509/0/

Re: Character mode report with barcode. [message #662516 is a reply to message #662514] Thu, 04 May 2017 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As I've previously said:
- I'm not sure you can do that in character mode report (as barcode is an image)
- You need to use a barcode font. Do you?
Re: Character mode report with barcode. [message #662519 is a reply to message #662516] Thu, 04 May 2017 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jsanquintin
Littlefoot wrote on Thu, 04 May 2017 15:46
As I've previously said:
- I'm not sure you can do that in character mode report (as barcode is an image)

Yes, I need.
Re: Character mode report with barcode. [message #662520 is a reply to message #662516] Thu, 04 May 2017 16:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jsanquintin
Littlefoot wrote on Thu, 04 May 2017 15:46
As I've previously said:

Yes
Re: Character mode report with barcode. [message #662527 is a reply to message #662520] Fri, 05 May 2017 03:41 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
From memory character mode reports print plain text only - they won't do anything notepad can't do - so no bold or italic and certainly no barcodes.
They exist when you need a report that will be printable by old printers that can't do anything other than plain text.
So if you need barcodes you need a normal report.
Previous Topic: run_report_object not working
Next Topic: Run Reports In Maximize Mode
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:09:03 CDT 2024