Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Business Intelligence » Implement XML Publisher and Bursting using same RTF template (Apps 11.5.10.2)
Implement XML Publisher and Bursting using same RTF template [message #415719] Wed, 29 July 2009 00:23 Go to next message
suman.g
Hi All,

Good Morning...

Is it possible to use same RTF template for both XML Publisher and Bursting with translations (for different languages) without giving different layouts for different languages.

Thanks and Regards,
Suman
Re: Implement XML Publisher and Bursting using same RTF template [message #415864 is a reply to message #415719] Wed, 29 July 2009 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vamsi kasina
I don't think so.
I've seen different files have been shipped for different languages.
I think US will have rtf.
But rest of the languages will have files with the extension xlf.

By
Vamsi
Re: Implement XML Publisher and Bursting using same RTF template [message #416058 is a reply to message #415864] Thu, 30 July 2009 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suman.g
====================================================================

I have uploaded .rtf (English,US)file and translation file for "de-DE" i.e. 'xx_xmlpb_test_de_DE.xlf'.

While uploading .xlf file for 'en-Us' it's giving error:

Error:The uploaded translation file is invalid. It should specify a valid target language and territory. Please verify that the file is in the correct format.

Is .rtf file in German language is also required to upload?

Please check if anything missing or need to be modified and what to do for this error.

This is my control file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<xapi:requestset xmlns:xapi="http://xmlns.oracle.com/oxp/xapi" type="Bursting">

<xapi:request select="/XX_REQ_XMLPB_TEST_REP/LIST_G_REQUISITION_NUM">

<xapi:delivery>

<xapi:filesystem output="/path/11.5.0/out/">

</xapi:filesystem>

<xapi:email server="server mail id" port="25"

from="from email id">

<xapi:message id="${CF_REQID}" to="${CF_EMAIL}"

attachment="true" content-type="text/html" subject="XX Requisition XMLPB Test">

&lt;font face="arial" size="3"&gt;

Dear iProcurement-User,&lt;br/&gt;

Please find the 'XX Requisition XMLPB Test' Report attached. &lt;br/&gt;

</xapi:message>

</xapi:email>

</xapi:delivery>

<xapi:document output="XX Requisition XMLPB Test" output-type="pdf" delivery="${CF_REQID}">

<xapi:template type="rtf" locale="en-US"

location="/ path/XMLPUB_TMP/xx_req_xmlpb_test_rep.rtf" filter="" translation="xx_xmlpb_test_en_US.xlf" >

</xapi:template>

<xapi:template type="rtf" locale="de-DE"

location="/path/XMLPUB_TMP/xx_req_xmlpb_test_rep.rtf" filter="" translation="xx_xmlpb_test_de_DE.xlf" >

</xapi:template>

</xapi:document>

</xapi:request>

</xapi:requestset>

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Suman

=============================================

Re: Implement XML Publisher and Bursting using same RTF template [message #416059 is a reply to message #416058] Thu, 30 July 2009 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suman.g
Please look into the above issue and reply at the earliest would be of help as it is urgent
Re: Implement XML Publisher and Bursting using same RTF template [message #416224 is a reply to message #416059] Fri, 31 July 2009 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suman.g
Hi All,

Now I am able to implement the bursting with translations successfully.
Data is coming correctly as per the trnslations in request output but in the attachment that bursting sending with
mail is not coming as in translation files. It's coming in US language only irrespective of the language chosen.

I have uploaded transaltion for German 'de_DE' and 'de_00' but mail attachment is not considering.

My control file is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> 
  <xapi:filesystem output="/path/out/" /> 
<xapi:email server="mailrelay.tui.de" port="25"  from="from_mailid">
<xapi:message id="${CF_REQID}" to="${CF_EMAIL}" attachment="true" content-type="text/html" 
subject="XX Requisition XMLPB Test"><font face="arial" size="3"> Dear iProcurement-User,<br/> 
Please find the 'XX Requisition XMLPB Test' Report attached. <br/></xapi:message> 
<xapi:document output="XX Requisition XMLPB Test" output-type="pdf" delivery="${CF_REQID}">
	location="path/xx_req_xmlpb_test_rep.rtf" filter="" /> 
	location="/path/xx_req_xmlpb_test_rep.rtf" filter="" 
	translation="xx_xmlpb_test_de_DE.xlf" /> 
  <xapi:template type="rtf" locale="de-00" 
	location="/path/xx_req_xmlpb_test_rep.rtf" filter="" 
	translation="xx_xmlpb_test_de_00.xlf" />

Any reply is appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Suman

[Updated on: Fri, 31 July 2009 04:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Implement XML Publisher and Bursting using same RTF template [message #416450 is a reply to message #415719] Sun, 02 August 2009 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suman.g
Hi,

Is it require to apply any patch for the problem discussed in last comment?

Regards,
Suman
Re: Implement XML Publisher and Bursting using same RTF template [message #417104 is a reply to message #416450] Thu, 06 August 2009 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suman.g
Hi All,

In my report, everything in my report is working fine except amount format when running with German template language.

In my report I have taken the template language to filter the report. It's working fine but when running with template language as German, in request output headers and amount format is coming fine as 1.000,00 but in mail output headers are coming fine but amount format is coming as English format 1,000.00. Means Request output amount (correct) and report output amount (incorrect) is not matching.

My control file is given(I am not using translations but using different .rtf for English and German):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xapi:filesystem output="/u01/dev/11.5.0/out/">
</xapi:filesystem>
<xapi:email server="mailrelay.de" port="25"
from="apps@enttapp1.tui.de">
<xapi:message id="${CF_LANG}" to="${CF_EMAIL}"
attachment="true" content-type="text/html" subject="XX Requisition XMLPB Test">
&lt;font  face="arial" size="3"&gt;
Dear iProcurement-User,&lt;br/&gt;
Please find the 'XX Requisition XMLPB Test' Report attached. &lt;br/&gt;
</xapi:message>
<xapi:document output="XX Requisition XMLPB Test" output-type="excel" delivery="${CF_LANG}">
 [COLOR=darkblue]<xapi:template type="rtf" locale="en-US"
 location="xdo://TNC.XXREQXMLPB.en.US/?getSource=true" 
 filter=".//G_REQUISITION_NUM[CF_LANG='en']" > </xapi:template>
 location="xdo://TNC.XXREQXMLPB.de.DE/?getSource=true" 
 filter=".//G_REQUISITION_NUM[CF_LANG='de']" > </xapi:template>[/COLOR]

I have also tried with giving
	location="xdo://TNC.XXREQXMLPB.en.US/?getSource=true" 
	filter=".//G_REQUISITION_NUM[CF_LANG='de']" > </xapi:template>
	filter=".//G_REQUISITION_NUM[CF_LANG='de']" > </xapi:template>

One more doubt I have is, is it mandatory to filter the report on some criteria??
I don't want to filter my report, I just want to send whole report output to the mail Ids given as parameter and I don't have any criteria to filter.
I want that If I select template language as English then it should send report as per the English .rtf format and when select German as template language should send as per the German .rtf format.
Is this possible..??

Many thanks!!!
Suman
Re: Implement XML Publisher and Bursting using same RTF template [message #419339 is a reply to message #416058] Fri, 21 August 2009 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
camry
Hi Suman,
I am getting same err as you mentioned above. I manually exported English template to XLIFF and manually updated file with French Text.
Thanks in advance,
Omkar
Re: Implement XML Publisher and Bursting using same RTF template [message #419349 is a reply to message #419339] Fri, 21 August 2009 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suman.g
Hi Omkar,

Quote:
I am getting same err as you mentioned above. I manually exported English template to XLIFF and manually updated file with French Text.
Error:The uploaded translation file is invalid. It should specify a valid target language and territory. Please verify that the file is in the correct format.

Export translations freshly from template tab and save with .xlf format.
Open your .xlf file only with Internet Explorer > right click > view source-- this will open the text in notepad >
make your changes.. target language and target translations etc. save and close.
right click on IE opened text > refresh.
after refreshing this code should come fine without any error.
now upload this to your template.

Cheers,
Suman
Re: Implement XML Publisher and Bursting using same RTF template [message #419355 is a reply to message #419349] Fri, 21 August 2009 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
camry
Hi Suman,
Thanks much for the solution. Smile
I edited the file with XML Notepad 2007. It has graphical UI which might be easier to understand/edit.
Thanks,
Omkar
Re: Implement XML Publisher and Bursting using same RTF template [message #537674 is a reply to message #419355] Fri, 30 December 2011 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Srinubar
Hi

I have modified the Customer statement report and design the RTF in one Language US.
Working fine as expected in one language , now i want to designt the other layouts also
I am able to calling the only one template (rtf) in control file .

Please adive ont this how to do next.

Thanks in advance.
Srinu g
Re: Implement XML Publisher and Bursting using same RTF template [message #658964 is a reply to message #537674] Mon, 02 January 2017 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DivyaChawla
I am working on XLIFF Translation from English to Spanish Language.

Facing issues while uploading XLIFF file for the translations where in target we need to keep characters like ó,ú,é like Descripción del Proyecto.

and while uploading Xliff file getting below error:
The uploaded translation file is invalid. It should specify a valid target language and territory. Please verify that the file is in the correct format.

Xliff file is working for other heading where we don't have such characters.

Kindly reply ASAP.
Re: Implement XML Publisher and Bursting using same RTF template [message #658965 is a reply to message #658964] Mon, 02 January 2017 12:40 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
DivyaChawla wrote on Mon, 02 January 2017 08:02

Please verify that the file is in the correct format.
FILE?
What File?
I don't see any file.

If/when reports an error, you should immediately conclude that something is NOT correct.
Previous Topic: Missing char when migration from obiee 11g to 12c
Next Topic: BI Publisher: Problem with displaying diacritical marks in report results
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:22:30 CDT 2024