Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » WebCenter Suite & Portal » Portal DADs (Oracle Portal, 10gR2, Win XP)
icon5.gif  Portal DADs [message #327040] Fri, 13 June 2008 09:11 Go to next message
serioos
Hi everybody,

Here is my configuration:
SERVER1 : Oracle Application Server 10gR2 1.0.1.4 (Infrastructure and Portal & Wireless) for portal development.
SERVER2 : An Oracle Database Server 10gR2

My question:
How can I use SERVER2 Database Schemas as part of Portal development on the SERVER1? A way to use data stored in the SERVER2 Database...

The SERVER2 hosts a simple test Database in wich are stored datas, triggers... In fact, all that I need is a "Database provider" wich refer to a SERVER2 Database Shema to be use with portlets and so on.

I created some "General" DADs on the SERVER1 Portal instance HTTP Server (due to the authentification type SSO wich is locked for the Portal DAD type), and they are all created and up. They refer to shemas located in the SERVER2. Now, how can I use these schemas with my portlets? Do I create a new provider, but how again (how to refer to the SERVER2 with it)?
Here is my problem...

Thanks a lot!
Re: Portal DADs [message #327368 is a reply to message #327040] Mon, 16 June 2008 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
serioos
Does anyone have any idea? It proably is a really simple solution but I'm stuck with this problem...
Re: Portal DADs [message #327544 is a reply to message #327368] Mon, 16 June 2008 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
patrickhaston
Because I'm a developer and not a DBA, I've had some restrictions in what I can do in Portal, so I've got another way of doing this.

What I do is create each Portal application in it's own schema on the Application Server (using the create schema wizard on the database tab of the navigator).

Then within this schema I create a database link to the remote database server where all our data is stored.

I then create synonyms in this schema for the remote database objects (you can't use the lookups for these, you can simply type in the object names directly).

Portal can then "see" the remote objects and is happy to work with them normally.

The only problem is LOB fields, which don't work across a database link. If your table has these datatypes you may have to create a view that excludes these columns.

Hope this makes sense and is helpful.

Patrick.
Re: Portal DADs [message #327673 is a reply to message #327544] Tue, 17 June 2008 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
serioos
Thank you very much Patrick,

Database links seems to be a solution, but I can't go through to create one that runs correctly...

I'v got the following error:
ORA-00933: la commande SQL ne se termine pas correctement (WWV-11230)
Echec d'analyse en tant que PORTAL - create database link AXINSI_FK.AXIN-STB connect to AXINSI_FK identified by OCTAL using '(DESCRIPTION =(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL= TCP) (Host= AXPCPD01) (Port= 1521))
(CONNECT_DATA = (SID = o10g)))' (WWV-08300)

"The SQL command does not end correctly"

Do I create a DAD before?
Wich process follow you to create database links?

As a DBA, I added this link to my PORTAL schema, specifying the right schema/password to connect to the remote database. I think it's not important... What is the use of synonyms?

Thanks for your help!
Re: Portal DADs [message #340905 is a reply to message #327544] Thu, 14 August 2008 18:45 Go to previous message
patrickhaston
Hi,

I usually create database links using just the SID of the remote database. This relies on our DBA having the remote database registered in the TNSNAMES.ORA file on the Portal application server. My knowledge of database links is not great (I'm a developer rather than a DBA) so I can't debug your code very well. Perhaps it's the "." in the database link name?

What about just using:

create database link AXINSI_FK_AXIN_STB
connect to AXINSI_FK identified by OCTAL
using 'o10g'

Hope this helps,

Patrick
Previous Topic: Discoverer Portlets - Job Time
Next Topic: 9i Portal: Certificate Signing Request
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:52:38 CDT 2024