Home » Developer & Programmer » Data Integration » OWB query
OWB query [message #93342] Tue, 03 August 2004 23:24 Go to next message
Divya
Hi

In our project we need to incorporate the following condition in Oracle Warehouse Builder:

Consider a table 'employee' having the primary key 'empid' and another column 'deptno'.  Here in the employee table we can have more than one employee belonging to the same department.  I have to pick each employee and find the other empid's belonging to the same dept. This process I have to do for each empid in the 'employee' table.

This situation is just like using a for loop inside another for loop. This way the outerloop will give one static value as an input to the innerloop till it finishes running.

Does someone have any idea how to implement it in OWB....

Can someone please help me out with this issue.

Thanks
Re: OWB query [message #93359 is a reply to message #93342] Thu, 26 August 2004 22:49 Go to previous message
Vidyanand More
Hi Divya,

I think your requirement can be implemented in OWB as follows.

Create a PL-SQL Procedure / Function which will accept empno & deptno as input parameter & returns Empno for the input Deptno.
You can write a cursor which can select empno for the input Deptno. Append the retrieved Empno to varchar2 variable.Put some delimiter e.g. '|' to separate out empno Return the variable from procedure. In OWB Mapping call the procedure by using Mapping Transformation flow operator. Make use of Expression operator to separate out empno.

I hope this solution will work. Let me know your feedback.

Regards,
Vidyanand
Previous Topic: help reqd.in OWB
Next Topic: about cogons
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 02:22:42 CDT 2024