Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » External query source in REPORTS 6.0
External query source in REPORTS 6.0 [message #78533] Thu, 28 February 2002 18:01 Go to next message
Umesh Sharma
Dear oracle friends

1. I have a report in which I defined external query source. At the time of development the query source (.sql) file lies in c:mysoftreportssqls directory. Whenever I select this sql file the path is hard coded.

2. When I deploy my application on the other machine with software directory as c:orawin95abc the report does not run.

What I want -
I want to just specify the name of the .SQL file and not full path while designing the report in EXTERNAL QUERY SOURCE property.

What I did -
I read somewhere that if I modify the REPORT60_PATH in registry of windows then I need not give the full path. BUT how is it possible to modify the windows registry on the client's machine where I deploy my application while installing the application itself. I just don't want to do it manually.

Thanks
Re: External query source in REPORTS 6.0 [message #78543 is a reply to message #78533] Fri, 01 March 2002 00:38 Go to previous message
pratap kumar tripathy
1. you have to modify report60_path
2. u can do that in two way take export registry(only particular key) and import in client pc OR use installshield. by the how u r installing u r software in client PC
Previous Topic: problem deploying the form, D2KWUTIL.PLL
Next Topic: Mater Detail Delete
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 12:49:25 CDT 2024