Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » WebCenter Suite & Portal » Portal Connection problem. Oracle 9i on Windows NT platform
Portal Connection problem. Oracle 9i on Windows NT platform [message #77329] Mon, 11 February 2002 07:10 Go to next message
Kalpa Shah
I am trying to connect Oracle Portal 3.0 to 9i database on NT platform.
when it gets to the Oracle Portal 3.0 Configuration Assistant Step 2 it will not connect to the database! It does not even act like it is
trying to connect. (It would be great if the java consoles allowed copy and paste)
It gives an error dialog that states it could not connect to the specified database telling you to check the sys password and the connection string
host:port:sid) all of which are correct.

It lets me connect to the 8.1.7 database, not 9.0.x.

I did some research and looks like there is a patch that needs to be installed.
JDBC patch #1725012

But when i tried to look up on Metalink, i couldn't find a patch for NT platform..

any help will be highly appreciated.
Re: Portal Connection problem. Oracle 9i on Windows NT platform [message #77338 is a reply to message #77329] Tue, 12 March 2002 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tinel
Hi!

here is what i did and it work:
modify init.ora:
O7_DICTIONARY_ACCESSIBILITY=TRUE
shared_pool_size=52428800
java_pool_size=50000000
comment line: dispatchers=....

next you have to copy ora_homejdbclib from machine with ora9iEE to machine with oracle 9iAS into ora_homejdbc. before to do that you have to stop http server.

Hope will help you.

Bye
Re: Portal Connection problem. Oracle 9i on Windows NT platform [message #77417 is a reply to message #77329] Thu, 30 January 2003 12:41 Go to previous message
Claudio
Hi all,
I know this is a stupid question, but... what's the name of the service for the Oracle 9i HHTP Server in NT platform?

Thanks in advance!

Regards
Previous Topic: Portal startup problems after moving to a new host
Next Topic: Re: Creating Dynamic Page
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:35:47 CDT 2024