Home » Server Options » Text & interMedia » Problem in querying using Contains Operator
Problem in querying using Contains Operator [message #75994] Tue, 22 October 2002 04:35 Go to next message
Venkat
I want to perform search operation on a particlar field using the CONTAINS operator. The details are as shown below.

I have a table Product which has some pre-populated data. When i execute a query say

select Product.ProductId from Product where Contains( Product.ProductId , '{BTMTRAY-M40-S}' ,2) >0;

I get the correct result.

Now i insert a new value "TEST" for productId into the same table. Now when i try to execute the same query
as

select Product.ProductId from Product where Contains( Product.ProductId , '{TEST}' ,2) >0;

I dont get any result. Why is it so.
Re: Problem in querying using Contains Operator [message #76002 is a reply to message #75994] Wed, 27 November 2002 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ravibabu
you have to rebuild your index.whenever if you add data to table wchich contains an index, you have to rebuild your index.
Re: Problem in querying using Contains Operator [message #76006 is a reply to message #75994] Fri, 13 December 2002 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dave P
If you start the context server in the background then you wont need to worry about manually updating the indexes...

Check the Oracle documentation for the ctxsrv command syntax.
Re: Problem in querying using Contains Operator [message #76057 is a reply to message #75994] Wed, 02 July 2003 10:21 Go to previous message
Lia
begin
ctx_ddl.sync_index('put_index_name_here');
end;
Previous Topic: InterMedia vs. TNS Listener
Next Topic: fee strucutre
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:08:30 CDT 2024