Home » Server Options » Replication » How to check oracle replication logs
How to check oracle replication logs [message #75592] Wed, 22 December 2004 21:39 Go to next message
chien
Hi All,

I have setup Oracle Materialized Views between 2 Oracle 9i databases using Oracle Enterprise Manager tool.

Now I dont know how to monitor and check whether the replication has been run successful or not and how long does it take to run for 1 view/or for all views.

Anybody know which system views/tables/log files need to check please advise. Thank a lot

[Updated on: Fri, 18 February 2005 23:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to check oracle replication logs [message #75594 is a reply to message #75592] Wed, 22 December 2004 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shubhangi
Following are the queries which you have to run on both database setups.

1)select job,name ,to_char(next_date,'mm/dd/yyyy hh24:mi:ss') next_date , broken ,
to_char(sysdate,'mm/dd/yyyy hh24:mi:ss') sys_date from dba_refresh_children
where rowner in ('Databaseusr1', 'Databaseusr2') ;

2)select BROKEN,failures, job ,to_char(next_date,'mm/dd/yyyy hh24:mi:ss') next_date ,
to_char(last_Date,'mm/dd/yyyy hh24:mi:ss') last_date from dba_jobs
where LOG_USER in ('Databaseusr1', 'Databaseusr2') ;

The Broken column should be "N" for all the rows that you see and next
at the max one hour away in future from sys_date.

Note: In above query 'Databaseusr1','Databaseusr2' are database username for different setups.
Re: How to check oracle replication logs [message #75595 is a reply to message #75594] Wed, 22 December 2004 23:37 Go to previous message
chien
Thank Shubhangi,

Using your scripts i can know whether each view has been replicated successful or not. I can also know last run date, next run date for each view. But I still not know how long does it take for replication.

I schedule the replication job at 9pm every day. I have system backup job scheduled at 11pm. I need to know the timing needed for the whole replication process because at 11pm when backup process start replication process must be finished.

If replication process can finish within 2 hours (before 11pm) I no need to re-schedule backup job, if it take more than 2 hours then i need to put backup job latter.

My problem is I dont know where to check how long the replication running.
Previous Topic: replication
Next Topic: heterogeneous replication
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:45:57 CDT 2024