Home » Other » Client Tools » Cannot get results from table in a different PC
Cannot get results from table in a different PC [message #674561] Fri, 01 February 2019 10:09 Go to next message
almond_84
Hello,

I have this issue:

When i logon from another PC to Oracle DB through Pl/SQL and query results from two specific tables, the results are shown OK.
When i logon from my PPC to the same DB through PL/SQL, with the same username/password and query on those specific tables,
it shows NO results.

Please, may anyone help me on this? I have no idea what might be the problem.

Thank you very much!!
Re: Cannot get results from table in a different PC [message #674562 is a reply to message #674561] Fri, 01 February 2019 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
almond_84 wrote on Fri, 01 February 2019 08:09
Hello,

I have this issue:

When i logon from another PC to Oracle DB through Pl/SQL and query results from two specific tables, the results are shown OK.
When i logon from my PPC to the same DB through PL/SQL, with the same username/password and query on those specific tables,
it shows NO results.

Please, may anyone help me on this? I have no idea what might be the problem.

Thank you very much!!

Welcome to this forum

Please read and follow the forum guidelines, to enable us to help you:
OraFAQ Forum Guide
How to use {code} tags and make your code easier to read

Please use COPY & PASTE to show us exactly what you do when it works OK & when problem occurs.

We can't say what you do wrong when you don't show us exactly what you do & how Oracle responds.
Re: Cannot get results from table in a different PC [message #674564 is a reply to message #674562] Fri, 01 February 2019 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
almond_84
Hello,

I just do a simple
select * from view_1
in PC1 and the results are shown.
But when I do the same query on that view_1 in PC2, no results is shown.

Maybe is something related to securities on those views, but i don't know.
Re: Cannot get results from table in a different PC [message #674566 is a reply to message #674564] Fri, 01 February 2019 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
almond_84 wrote on Fri, 01 February 2019 08:29
Hello,

I just do a simple
select * from view_1
in PC1 and the results are shown.
But when I do the same query on that view_1 in PC2, no results is shown.

Maybe is something related to securities on those views, but i don't know.

I have ZERO confidence that you are connecting to same schema or even same database.

When you observe different result you can be 100% certain that something is different.
We can't tell you what is different since we can't access your database. Only you can do so.

Prove to us using COPY & PASTE that everything is IDENTICAL when comparing the two different PC's behavior.
Re: Cannot get results from table in a different PC [message #674570 is a reply to message #674564] Sat, 02 February 2019 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EdStevens
I agree with BlackSwan. I don't believe you are connecting to the same database with the same user.

From both connections, show us the results of

show user
select i.instance_name,
       i.host_name,
       d.dbid,
       d.name
from v$instance i,
     v$database d
;

Don't tell us your interpretation of the results. Use copy and paste to SHOW us EXACTLY the results.
Re: Cannot get results from table in a different PC [message #674577 is a reply to message #674561] Mon, 04 February 2019 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
almond_84 wrote on Fri, 01 February 2019 16:09

When i logon from another PC to Oracle DB through Pl/SQL
PL/SQL is a language. It is not a program that can connect to the DB.
If you mean PL/SQL Developer then say that.
Re: Cannot get results from table in a different PC [message #676539 is a reply to message #674577] Fri, 14 June 2019 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
henderson_horton
Yes, I thing PL/SQL developers can address and resolve this issue easily. You need to discuss it or explain your problem with more detail or some pictures of the error or code.
Re: Cannot get results from table in a different PC [message #676543 is a reply to message #676539] Fri, 14 June 2019 04:29 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
You realise this thread is 4 months old right?
And pictures of the error/code generally isn't helpful. Copy and paste of the error/code as plain text is far better.
Previous Topic: XML in View output
Next Topic: ERD Best Practices
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:08:13 CDT 2024