Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Conditional EDIT Link optoon in Interactive Report (APEX 5)
Conditional EDIT Link optoon in Interactive Report [message #666735] Tue, 21 November 2017 21:46 Go to next message
rkapex
I create Report with Form on Table. On Report Page I would like to show conditional Link(Edit Button(Pencil)) on the basis of salary.

How Can I show Edit Button conditionally. I want to show that row but without Edit Button.
Re: Conditional EDIT Link optoon in Interactive Report [message #666737 is a reply to message #666735] Wed, 22 November 2017 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't think that you can do that in a straightforward way, although Interactive Report's link property offers "Condition type". In there, you could - for example - use a function that returns Boolean with
return salary < 1000;
which would return True if someone's salary is less than 1000 and, therefore, display the link.

However, if you do that, you'll get an error because you can't reference interactive report's columns that way. You can't even use #SALARY# syntax ... actually, as far as I know, you can't use anything (so far - maybe good people from Oracle will change that in some of future releases).

It means that you'll have to create your own solution, using a little bit of programming. As there are quite a few solutions on the Internet (such as the one posted by Tony Andrews, Conditional column linking in APEX ), I'm not going to create a new example. Have a look & follow instructions; you should be able to make it work.
Re: Conditional EDIT Link optoon in Interactive Report [message #666740 is a reply to message #666737] Wed, 22 November 2017 06:52 Go to previous message
rkapex
Thank you.
Previous Topic: Table reference used in apex application
Next Topic: Jasper ireport not created file JasperReportsIntegration.xml automaticlly
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:27:09 CDT 2024