Home » Other » Client Tools » Unable to access View in TOAD for Oracle, but can see in SQL Developer (TOAD for Oracle 11.0.5.1, Windows 7)
Unable to access View in TOAD for Oracle, but can see in SQL Developer [message #666658] Sun, 19 November 2017 23:12 Go to next message
nickz
I am using TOAD for Oracle version 11.0.5.1. I am able to see a View in an Oracle schema when I login using Oracle SQL Developer. But, when using TOAD, I am NOT able to access the View or see any data in it. For another View, I can access the View, but it doesn't return any data. I am able to access other DB objects though. Any idea why I can see via Oracle SQL Developer and not via TOAD in the same PC, same database, same schema?

I also tried in another system (PC) where TOAD 12.6.053 is installed, and I was able to access the views, and see data when I query it. Not sure if there is any session or NLS parameters that might be causing this. Please help.

P.S. - This view that I am trying to access is in another schema, but I have access to query the view. Hence, I am able to access and see the data through Oracle SQL Developer.
Re: Unable to access View in TOAD for Oracle, but can see in SQL Developer [message #666659 is a reply to message #666658] Sun, 19 November 2017 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
nickz wrote on Sun, 19 November 2017 21:12
I am using TOAD for Oracle version 11.0.5.1. I am able to see a View in an Oracle schema when I login using Oracle SQL Developer. But, when using TOAD, I am NOT able to access the View or see any data in it. For another View, I can access the View, but it doesn't return any data. I am able to access other DB objects though. Any idea why I can see via Oracle SQL Developer and not via TOAD in the same PC, same database, same schema?

I also tried in another system (PC) where TOAD 12.6.053 is installed, and I was able to access the views, and see data when I query it. Not sure if there is any session or NLS parameters that might be causing this. Please help.

P.S. - This view that I am trying to access is in another schema, but I have access to query the view. Hence, I am able to access and see the data through Oracle SQL Developer.
How can we reproduce what you report?

You claim a problem exists, but show us NOTHING!
Re: Unable to access View in TOAD for Oracle, but can see in SQL Developer [message #666661 is a reply to message #666659] Mon, 20 November 2017 00:13 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
When saying "can not access nor see any data in a view": did you try both Schema Browser i.e. by clicking objects and SQL Editor, i.e. by typing
desc view_name

select * from view_name
Previous Topic: Client Server connection without tcp/ip network
Next Topic: Tools menu is missing in Toad 12.5.1.1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:20:10 CDT 2024