Home » Other » Client Tools » distribute voucher's edit rights + voucher delete rights + vocucher entering rights in mutiuser envr (oracle 10 g express edd , 6 i forms and reports)
distribute voucher's edit rights + voucher delete rights + vocucher entering rights in mutiuser envr [message #665541] Sat, 09 September 2017 05:11 Go to next message
adil shakeel
Sir I have oracle 10 g express edd , 6 i forms and reports

I have designed a full fledge FMS (Financial Management System) oracle accounting software for a textile unit.

There are numereous different user of this Software, located at different geographically different locations.
Now want to distribute the rights of every user differently.
For some users I want to give full rights to entry forms
for some only voucher entry rights
for some only entry rights + editing rights but not deletion rights.
Please guide me how can I do this so when any particular user opens this software and enters its own login user and pwd then predefined rights should to conferred to him and so on.....
Re: distribute voucher's edit rights + voucher delete rights + vocucher entering rights in mutiuser envr [message #665542 is a reply to message #665541] Sat, 09 September 2017 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
when all else fails Read The Fine Manual

http://docs.oracle.com/database/122/DBSEG/toc.htm
Re: distribute voucher's edit rights + voucher delete rights + vocucher entering rights in mutiuser envr [message #665547 is a reply to message #665542] Sun, 10 September 2017 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adil shakeel
Sir whether I have to study the all more than 100 pages to restrict users' rights.
Re: distribute voucher's edit rights + voucher delete rights + vocucher entering rights in mutiuser envr [message #665549 is a reply to message #665547] Sun, 10 September 2017 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
You could (should?) create different roles. For example, RL_NO_DELETE would be used by users which can't delete anything. You'd then grant all privileges you find appropriate (such as SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE) to RL_NO_DELETE (but you, obviously, wouldn't grant DELETE to it):
grant select, insert, update to rl_no_delete;

I suppose that users (created by CREATE USER statement) already exist in your database. Therefore, you'd now grant any combination of roles to each of those users. For example:
grant rl_no_delete to adil;
so that user ADIL would be able to do all sort of things, but wouldn't be able to delete anything.

You'd do the same for as many roles as you want (for example, you mentioned full rights (such a role would be granted everything), entry + editing privileges (so you'd grant select, update, insert to that role), etc.) and all users that exist in your database.

For much more information, yes - you should read documentation and educate yourself properly.

[Updated on: Sun, 10 September 2017 05:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: distribute voucher's edit rights + voucher delete rights + vocucher entering rights in mutiuser envr [message #665551 is a reply to message #665547] Sun, 10 September 2017 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EdStevens
adil shakeel wrote on Sun, 10 September 2017 03:03
Sir whether I have to study the all more than 100 pages to restrict users' rights.
Given what we now know from one of your other threads (http://www.orafaq.com/forum/m/665540/#msg_665540) you have much, much more to study than that. In that thread, on Sat, 09 September 2017 04:01 USCDT, you wrote, "In addition to your knowledge Basically I am a finance student, and do not have the base of I.T."

Now you say " have designed a full fledge FMS (Financial Management System) oracle accounting software for a textile unit. There are numereous different user of this Software,"

Do these "numerous users" know that you are "a finance student, and do not have the base of I.T." Do these "numerous users" know that your/their product is based on an obsolete version (10g) of Oracle?

Re: distribute voucher's edit rights + voucher delete rights + vocucher entering rights in mutiuser envr [message #665558 is a reply to message #665551] Mon, 11 September 2017 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adil shakeel
Sir I am actually working onto the full fledge textile unit software.
Yet I have not handed over that software to my client.
Plus I want to get entered into the IT field and to leave the finance field because I have intrest in I.T especially Oracle fieild.
Second thing as regard to Littlefoot's reply, I want to add one more thing into the discussion is that different users does not means separate separate database users. "Numerous users" does not mean separate separete database users (which we create by create user command by logging with system or sys as sysdba user). Different users means login and password of every employee working onto the textile unit master software. All reports and forms are prepared into that master software whose user name is DADU

Numerous data entry users are basically values of a table into DADU user. Dadu USER have a table named with userinfo which has to columns 1. name 2. password
I want to set rights and privelleges of users according to the values into the userinfo table.
Now should I create role into dadu user???? as you mentioned?
Re: distribute voucher's edit rights + voucher delete rights + vocucher entering rights in mutiuser envr [message #665603 is a reply to message #665558] Tue, 12 September 2017 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adil shakeel
sir why I am not receiving any reply.
Re: distribute voucher's edit rights + voucher delete rights + vocucher entering rights in mutiuser envr [message #665608 is a reply to message #665603] Tue, 12 September 2017 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EdStevens
adil shakeel wrote on Tue, 12 September 2017 05:54
I can't speak for others, but for myself, I've pretty much decided that you are in so far over your head that it is pretty much pointless.

I know this sounds harsh, but sometimes the truth is harsh. One does not become an oracle dba/consultant/software developer with just a couple of months of self-study. You lack the basic understanding of too many fundamentals, and you are doing your clients a severe disservice (to put it mildly) by presenting yourself as a dba/consultant/developer. Trying to help you across your several threads has been like trying to help someone work on a Formula One race car when they don't even understand the principles of the internal combustion engine, or what a socket wrench is, or even how to look something up in the shop manual.

This is not to say you cannot achieve your goal. But you first need to understand that you need to get some formal education in a formal training program, and leverage that to get a job where you can work with and learn from colleagues and mentors in the next cubicle. You did not start your career in finance with just a few months of self-study, and working in IT is far, far more complex.

In my own case, I made such a career change. My college degree is in music. But a couple of years out of college I needed a job and stumbled into a situation where a government agency was filling needed IT positions (programmer/systems analyst) by offering an in-house training and apprenticeship program. Three months of intensive, instructor-lead classroom work, then a year of working directly under a mentor with less formal assistance from other senior techs. And at the end of that period I had just begun to scratch the surface.
Re: distribute voucher's edit rights + voucher delete rights + vocucher entering rights in mutiuser envr [message #665612 is a reply to message #665603] Tue, 12 September 2017 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
adil shakeel wrote on Tue, 12 September 2017 03:54
Nobody here owes you any response.

With free advice, sometimes you get what you paid for it.

Nothing here prevents you from hiring a consultant to answer your questions & solve your problems.
Re: distribute voucher's edit rights + voucher delete rights + vocucher entering rights in mutiuser envr [message #665621 is a reply to message #665612] Wed, 13 September 2017 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adil shakeel
As regard to Edstevens' comments, I totally agreed with him.
Its a truth which ED talked about.
Here-under is the introduction about how I got into the Oracle development field:

I took formal coaching from a well-knowned software house widely recognised in our city.
It was a 4 months training program.
I conducted 2 months classes from it, but I was not satisfied with the coaching or the material being delivered to us. The reason for satisfation was that all other my batch fellows were on very initial level but I was very far ahead from them as compared to learning and concepts of Oracle, because I was working onto oracle as data entry operator since 2010.
As I belong to the finance field and most of the time the finance departments prepare their books of accounts in Oracle FMS (FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM).
But almost all of my other colleagus were not familiar at all with oracle.
Then I felt that I as the learning in that Software house is very slow and lots of my time is being wasted over there so then I requested my office software developer of oracle to teach me rest of my oracle course. He agreed and I took rest of lectures from changes teacher.
That was the inside story of need for change of field and coaching taken.
As I have fully devoted to grow in oracle development field and have lots of knowledge how A full fledge FMS should be built, so I have started developing Oracle based FMS.
Software is going fine except to grant different privileges to table userinfo, depening upon different values in that Table.
Re: distribute voucher's edit rights + voucher delete rights + vocucher entering rights in mutiuser envr [message #665632 is a reply to message #665621] Wed, 13 September 2017 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
is/will application be 3-tier?
Describe in detail the relationship between end users and Oracle schema names.

>Dadu USER have a table named with userinfo which has to columns 1. name 2. password
storing passwords in plain text in table column is a recipe to be hacked by every script kiddy on the Internet.
Re: distribute voucher's edit rights + voucher delete rights + vocucher entering rights in mutiuser envr [message #665641 is a reply to message #665632] Wed, 13 September 2017 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
BlackSwan wrote on Wed, 13 September 2017 14:44

is/will application be 3-tier?

A Forms 6i application? I don't think so.
Re: distribute voucher's edit rights + voucher delete rights + vocucher entering rights in mutiuser envr [message #665707 is a reply to message #665641] Sat, 16 September 2017 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adil shakeel
[black sawan] Describe in detail the relationship between end users and Oracle schema names.
[/quote]

what does that Means?
Re: distribute voucher's edit rights + voucher delete rights + vocucher entering rights in mutiuser envr [message #666073 is a reply to message #665707] Thu, 12 October 2017 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adil shakeel
still waiting for how to distribute rights of edit and delete user-wise
Re: distribute voucher's edit rights + voucher delete rights + vocucher entering rights in mutiuser envr [message #666081 is a reply to message #666073] Thu, 12 October 2017 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
With Oracle everything is forbidden; except that which is explicitly GRANTED.

http://docs.oracle.com/database/122/TDPSG/toc.htm
Re: distribute voucher's edit rights + voucher delete rights + vocucher entering rights in mutiuser envr [message #666084 is a reply to message #666073] Thu, 12 October 2017 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
You need to read those 100 pages of documentation that you mentioned. I am certain that everyone else on this topic has done so. It is very simple, though. For example:
grant select on scott.emp to jw;
grant all on scott.emp to sw;
That gives you one user, jw, who can see the rows in the table and another user sw who can do DML as well.
Re: distribute voucher's edit rights + voucher delete rights + vocucher entering rights in mutiuser envr [message #666086 is a reply to message #666084] Thu, 12 October 2017 10:23 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
That assumes there is a one to one relationship between oracle users and application users.
But given the info in http://www.orafaq.com/forum/mv/msg/203847/665558/#msg_665558 it seems that may well not be the case.
Previous Topic: oracle configuration tools to be used for server database connection with client pc
Next Topic: Oracle 12c client on Windows 2003 server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:38:15 CDT 2024