Home » Server Options » Multitenant » Query Regarding Transportable Tablespaces (merged)
Query Regarding Transportable Tablespaces (merged) [message #661169] Thu, 09 March 2017 23:41 Go to next message
Gagananand.G
Dear Team,

As per the Oracle 12c Architecture , logically a CDB can consist of one or more PDBs.

My question here is since PDBs are removable and pluggable any time to a CDB, are there any inbuilt mechanism that can have an option of
backing up some of the master data into the CDB from the PDBs so that in an event of unplugging of a PDB from CDB I can get at least some part of
master data in the CDB as most of the physical structure of the Oracle Database are in terms of Datafiles linked to logical entity Tablespace.

This might be very useful to manage CDBs independent of PDBs. Or an alternate way could be at least to store master data information into primary PDB of the CDB by transporting tablespaces to the primary PDB ( in this case Oracle does not allow the same as no objects can be create in the primary PDB as per the documentation).

Kindly help me in this regard.

Thanks in Advance.
icon1.gif  Query Regarding Transportable Tablespaces [message #661170 is a reply to message #661169] Fri, 10 March 2017 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gagananand.G
Dear Team,

Is it possible to transport tablespaces from PDB to CDB (other than
the Primary PDB seed) for better data security of primary master data since PDBs (other than primary PDB) can be unplugged from a CDB anytime? Since physically they are another set of data files linked to
tablespaces that are logical.

Kindly provide you valuable advice.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Gagan
Re: Query Regarding Transportable Tablespaces [message #661203 is a reply to message #661170] Fri, 10 March 2017 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
What is this "master data"?
Re: Query Regarding Transportable Tablespaces [message #661205 is a reply to message #661169] Fri, 10 March 2017 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
As in your other topic, what do you mean by "master data"?

And what do you mean by "primary PDB"?
Re: Query Regarding Transportable Tablespaces (merged) [message #661216 is a reply to message #661169] Fri, 10 March 2017 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

I merged both topics that seem to me closely related.

Re: Query Regarding Transportable Tablespaces [message #661287 is a reply to message #661203] Mon, 13 March 2017 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gagananand.G
Dear All,

What I mean by Master data is the High-Level Secure Data of Master Data Management pertaining to the Enterprise for which Database is created and maintained.

This data is not the one that Oracle maintains in its internal tables which is far from the purview of the Database User or Administrator except in case of High-Level System Administrators like SYS and SYSTEM and oracle internally managed users.

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Gagan

Re: Query Regarding Transportable Tablespaces [message #661298 is a reply to message #661287] Tue, 14 March 2017 01:46 Go to previous message
John Watson
What do you mean by "High-Level Secure Data of Master Data Management pertaining to the Enterprise for which Database is created and maintained" ? I don't see any connection to Multitenant architecture or transportable tablespaces.
Previous Topic: how to get the storage limit of pluggable database
Next Topic: Flex Cluster, what is exactly model architecture
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:30:41 CDT 2024