Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Custom form LOV is not working properly? (merged 3 by jd) (oracle 10g, EBS R12)
Custom form LOV is not working properly? (merged 3 by jd) [message #659030] Wed, 04 January 2017 11:53 Go to next message
P1Oracle
One of custom form 'lov' is not working properly after it upgrade to 10g,
The form is about to add customers against Price exception, i am able to add 11i customers to the price exception without any issues but when it comes to Newly created R12 customer the lov form is repeating twice and saving, how to avoid this and where i am doing wrong??

Below is the query for lov, from which i am getting the column 'SITE_USE_ID' and 'LOCATION' values are same of 11i customer but it is getting different values for Newly created R12 customer.

Note: I have attached my custom fmb,please help me on this..

Select distinct hloc.ADDRESS1, suse.SITE_USE_ID,
suse.LOCATION,
hloc.ADDRESS2,
hloc.ADDRESS3,
hloc.ADDRESS4,
hloc.CITY,
hloc.STATE
from hz_cust_acct_sites_all site,
hz_cust_site_uses_all suse,
HZ_CUST_ACCOUNTS acct,
HZ_PARTIES prty,
HZ_PARTY_SITES psit,
HZ_LOCATIONS hloc
where site.CUST_ACCT_SITE_ID = suse.CUST_ACCT_SITE_ID
and site.CUST_ACCOUNT_ID = acct.CUST_ACCOUNT_ID
and acct.PARTY_ID = prty.PARTY_ID
and suse.SITE_USE_CODE = 'SHIP_TO'
and site.PARTY_SITE_ID = psit.PARTY_SITE_ID
and psit.LOCATION_ID = hloc.LOCATION_ID
AND site.org_id =111--:parameter.operating_unit
AND prty.party_name='XXX'--:XBSI_MFG_PRICE_EXCEPTION_CUST.CUSTOMER
AND suse.SITE_USE_ID=SITE_USE_ID--NVL(:xbsi_mfg_price_exception_cust.site_use_id,suse.SITE_USE_ID)

order by prty.PARTY_NAME
Re: Custom form LOV is not working properly? [message #659033 is a reply to message #659030] Wed, 04 January 2017 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
P1Oracle
I think do i need to change customer columns as per R12, when compared to 11i customer columns data in the above query????
Re: Custom form LOV is not working properly? [message #659037 is a reply to message #659033] Wed, 04 January 2017 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't use EBS.

Does this SELECT statement run correctly in SQL*Plus (or any other tool you use)?

Is there really a two-lines space in front of the ORDER BY clause? If so, try to remove it.

What do you mean (in message #659033)? If "customer columns" (whatever they are) are different in "this" version (as opposed to the "previous" version), I guess that you should modify them. However, upgrade is usually backward compatible so I hope/guess that it is the case here as well.

Check whether column mapping (between record group's columns and LoV items) is correctly set (which might fix "values are same of 11i customer but it is getting different values for Newly created R12 customer" sentence you posted in the first message).
Re: Custom form LOV is not working properly? [message #659038 is a reply to message #659037] Wed, 04 January 2017 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
P1Oracle
Thanks for reply,,

Quote:
Does this SELECT statement run correctly in SQL*Plus (or any other tool you use)?
Yes it is working fine in Toad.

In the present form lov i am able to save record on clicking double time which i have to avoid..?? so for this should should i redesign the form?

Thanks for Your support once again.

Re: Custom form LOV is not working properly? [message #659044 is a reply to message #659038] Wed, 04 January 2017 20:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
P1Oracle
I have changed lov properties (Automatic display to Yes) but no luck, is there anything i need to try..???
Re: Custom form LOV is not working properly? [message #659046 is a reply to message #659044] Thu, 05 January 2017 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:

In the present form lov i am able to save record on clicking double time which i have to avoid
I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean. Where do you double-click? Why does it save a record?

Could you, please, describe what you are doing, step by step?
Re: Custom form LOV is not working properly? (merged 3 by jd) [message #659085 is a reply to message #659030] Thu, 05 January 2017 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
P1Oracle
Sorry for my bad text, i will explain through screen shots where i am getting issue on custom form lov..

/forum/fa/13397/0/

[Updated on: Thu, 05 January 2017 16:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Custom form LOV is not working properly? (merged 3 by jd) [message #659086 is a reply to message #659030] Thu, 05 January 2017 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
P1Oracle
In the above screen i was trying to insert customer details (Customer name, Ship to Adress and SHip to) against price exception

1. When i take 11i customer it is accepting at first attempt only

2.But When i query newly Created R12 customer Ship_to lov (at this particular lov only) it is asking double time (lov form ) and accepting record, this was the issue

for the Shipto lov , the record group query which is used is

Select distinct suse.SITE_USE_ID,
suse.LOCATION,
hloc.ADDRESS1, 
hloc.ADDRESS2,
hloc.ADDRESS3,
hloc.ADDRESS4,
hloc.CITY,
hloc.STATE
from hz_cust_acct_sites_all site,
hz_cust_site_uses_all suse,
HZ_CUST_ACCOUNTS acct,
HZ_PARTIES prty,
HZ_PARTY_SITES psit,
HZ_LOCATIONS hloc
where site.CUST_ACCT_SITE_ID = suse.CUST_ACCT_SITE_ID
and site.CUST_ACCOUNT_ID = acct.CUST_ACCOUNT_ID
and acct.PARTY_ID = prty.PARTY_ID
and suse.SITE_USE_CODE = 'SHIP_TO'
and site.PARTY_SITE_ID = psit.PARTY_SITE_ID
and psit.LOCATION_ID = hloc.LOCATION_ID
AND site.org_id =XXX--:parameter.operating_unit
AND prty.party_name='XXXXX'--:XXI_MFG_PRICE_EXCEPTION_CUST.CUSTOMER
order by prty.PARTY_NAME

Action plan i did:

1.I have changed some lov properties for shipto lov(Functional) where i am getting issue by using form builder
2.Added one more join in the above query

and site.org_id=suse.org_id

3.when i execute the above code in taod for all 11i customers both columns SITE_USE_ID and location values are same but it is different for R12 CUstomer, i am assuming this may be problem because Customer tables have been changed in 11i and R12

but no luck, suggest me is anything i am missing.

[Updated on: Thu, 05 January 2017 17:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Custom form LOV is not working properly? (merged 3 by jd) [message #659115 is a reply to message #659086] Fri, 06 January 2017 04:47 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Thank you for the explanation. However, I'm afraid I can't assist; this looks EBS specific and I really know nothing about it, sorry.
Previous Topic: Limit Number of Rows in OLE2 Forms to Excel Export
Next Topic: How to get form name in .pll
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 07:51:11 CDT 2024