Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Data related to DB Metrics for a period (Oracle 11.2.0.4 on Linux)
Data related to DB Metrics for a period [message #654498] Thu, 04 August 2016 03:11 Go to next message
orausern
Hi,

I have a question on some database related metrics that help to point out how much was the load on the database during a period that was peak period for us. Our application is heavily used in January and for this month we have the AWR reports for each hour on all nodes of the 2 node RAC production database. AWR has too much information and these are in too many of such hourly reports of 30 days but from this I have to pick a few metrics and its values during specific times that help to bring out how the DB load was during that time. Can you please suggest which metrics would be useful? I think the metrics that are in the "Load Profile" and "IO Profile" sections of the AWR are the one that I should focus on (we are not for this work looking into top sql etc. but only the load on the DB during that period). Is this a fair approach? Wil be thankful for your inputs.

OrauserN
Re: Data related to DB Metrics for a period [message #654502 is a reply to message #654498] Thu, 04 August 2016 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

A simple thought: if some metrics couldn't be useful would they be in AWR?

Re: Data related to DB Metrics for a period [message #654503 is a reply to message #654502] Thu, 04 August 2016 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orausern
Ha! But I had a specific question and yours is a generic answer IMHO.
Re: Data related to DB Metrics for a period [message #654504 is a reply to message #654503] Thu, 04 August 2016 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Sorry, I fail to see what is specific in your question.
Can you explain?

Re: Data related to DB Metrics for a period [message #654505 is a reply to message #654504] Thu, 04 August 2016 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orausern
Sorry I guess I did not bring that out clearly ,but it was the following specific point:
Quote:
Some database related metrics that help to point out how much was the load on the database during a period that was peak period for us.
Re: Data related to DB Metrics for a period [message #654506 is a reply to message #654505] Thu, 04 August 2016 03:52 Go to previous message
John Watson
Quote:
how much was the load on the database during a period
I think you have answered your own question:
Quote:
I think the metrics that are in the "Load Profile" and "IO Profile" sections of the AWR
except that I wouldn't bother with the IO Profile stuff.
Previous Topic: Why rownum is not used in the query
Next Topic: server session exceed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:15:50 CDT 2024