Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Real Application Security and APEX (APEX 5.0.0.00.31, DB 12.1.0.2)
Real Application Security and APEX [message #639158] Thu, 02 July 2015 06:54 Go to next message
John Watson
I'm trying to use RAS with APEX. I've enabled RAS for te instance, and also for the application's authentication scheme. But I can't get any further. What I want to do is to log in to the application using my RAS username and password. My RAS users do not appear to visible to APEX, and if I create a user in APEX there is no prompt anywhere that lets me say he should be mapped to a RAS user. I think I must be missing something very basic. I probably need a simple description of the workflow required for this.

I've been Googling around, this is the only relevant article I can find
http://dgielis.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/enable-real-application-security-ras-in.html
and he doesn't show how to use it. I can't find anything in the docs that gets me further than I am now.

Thank you for any insight.
Re: Real Application Security and APEX [message #639223 is a reply to message #639158] Fri, 03 July 2015 02:24 Go to previous message
John Watson
Well, it seems as though one cannot use RAS users as a login mechanism. This slide deck from Joel Kallman (who should know what he is talking about)
http://www.slideserve.com/odele/oracle-database-12c-real-application-security-for-oracle-application-express
says on slide 23 that on logon one is autenticated by APEX, and that you attach to a RAS session subsequently. I can do all this programmatically, which makes me wonder what the great new feature of APEX5/DB12.1.0.2/RAS integration really is.

Previous Topic: Item rendering when window is resized
Next Topic: JasperReports integration with APEX
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:27:20 CDT 2024