Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Oracle Report generated as a PDF with editable fields (Oracle Reports 11g)
Oracle Report generated as a PDF with editable fields [message #634410] Mon, 09 March 2015 14:51 Go to next message
nait1234
Is it possible to do this?

That is, generate a report with Oracle Reports 11g that has fields on it that the user can later edit (once in PDF format).

An example of such a PDF would be this here:

http://www.thewebjockeys.com/TheWebJockeys/Fillable_PDF_Sample_from_TheWebJockeys_vC5.pdf

Thanks for your time!

[Updated on: Mon, 09 March 2015 16:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Oracle Report generated as a PDF with editable fields [message #634467 is a reply to message #634410] Tue, 10 March 2015 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shahzad-ul-hasan
You can generate this report from file menu. and later you can edit this report via Adobe Acrobat writer.
Re: Oracle Report generated as a PDF with editable fields [message #634497 is a reply to message #634467] Tue, 10 March 2015 17:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nait1234
Yah that's one solution, but not the one I'm looking for because I'd like to avoid dependency on Acrobat.

If there is a way to generate a PDF in a form like format like the example I linked to (in which case you can edit it in Adobe Reader or any PDF reader, like the link above) that would be ideal.

If not, well, then I just will tell my customer this can't be done, as they won't want to pay for Acrobat licenses for their users.
Re: Oracle Report generated as a PDF with editable fields [message #634509 is a reply to message #634497] Wed, 11 March 2015 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't use Reports 11g.

As far as I can tell, Oracle Reports can't do that. I searched the Internet and it appears that there are commercial tools which enable you to create fillable PDF files but, as you said, your customer won't spend any money on that; besides, I don't know is it possible to integrate Adobe (for example) with Reports.

Furthermore, Google returns a free option (YouTube video) but that's not integrated with Reports either.

Therefore, I'd say that you'll have to suggest some other option, different from fillable PDF.
Re: Oracle Report generated as a PDF with editable fields [message #634602 is a reply to message #634509] Wed, 11 March 2015 17:23 Go to previous message
nait1234
Littlefoot wrote on Wed, 11 March 2015 01:24
I don't use Reports 11g.

As far as I can tell, Oracle Reports can't do that. I searched the Internet and it appears that there are commercial tools which enable you to create fillable PDF files but, as you said, your customer won't spend any money on that; besides, I don't know is it possible to integrate Adobe (for example) with Reports.

Furthermore, Google returns a free option (YouTube video) but that's not integrated with Reports either.

Therefore, I'd say that you'll have to suggest some other option, different from fillable PDF.

Ya I did a lot of searching before posting and couldn't find a way but figured I'd ask because you guys (you in particular) gave been a big help in the past. I think I'd agree that there isn't a way to do it natively with Oracle Reports. That's good enough for me. My "customer" is internal within our company, so we don't have to think too crazy outside of the box in most cases as it ends up costing too much money for something that probably isn't a tremendous value.

Thanks!
Previous Topic: set EXPIRATION on report server
Next Topic: Report Builder crash
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:05:57 CDT 2024