Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » ANONYMOUS schema (APEX 4.2.6, DB 12.1.0.1)
ANONYMOUS schema [message #633200] Thu, 12 February 2015 03:14 Go to next message
John Watson
I'm having to tighten up security on an internet facing database. I am concerned about the ANONYMOUS user. I don't know much about him.

His password, according to dba_users_with_defpwd, is on default. I do not know the default! What is it?

I think he is part of the embedded PL/SQL gateway. Is that right? This database does not use EPG, so does that mean I can just leave him alone and everything will be OK? Is it actually possible to connect as ANONYMOUS through a normal SQL*Net connection?

MOS Doc ID 1957863.1 is most definite that "Changing the password for ANONYMOUS is not supported and will prevent anonymous access to the XDB repository and APEX application

Thank you for any insight.
Re: ANONYMOUS schema [message #633201 is a reply to message #633200] Thu, 12 February 2015 03:21 Go to previous message
John Watson
I've just checked on another database, and ANONYMOUS is expired and locked. SO I guess he was unlocked on this particular database for some unknown reason. I've expired-locked him now.
Previous Topic: Where condition to remove duplicate rows
Next Topic: Need architecture document
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:55:58 CDT 2024