Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » APEX interactive report filters (Oracle 11 g windows)
APEX interactive report filters [message #623178] Fri, 05 September 2014 09:58 Go to next message
mhugh
I have successfully used cascading LOV filters in Oracle APEX application interactive reports.
The filters have initially been populated with a drop-down list of all unique values for that
parameter. So, a choice could be made from any list. As choices are made, the lists are
subsetted to values related to the previous choice.

However, in one application, only the first list is initially populated with values.
All remaining LOVs lists are blank. When the first choice is made, the subsequent list is
populated with a subset of values. When the second choice is made, that list is populated.
The interactive reports in this application were based on 'COLLECTIONS' which appear to be
a merge of two or more tables.

I would appreciate ideas on why LOV lists in cascading filters are appearing empty and are only
populated when a previous choice is made.
Re: APEX interactive report filters [message #623196 is a reply to message #623178] Fri, 05 September 2014 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Because they are cascading LoVs?

Or did I not understand the question?
Re: APEX interactive report filters [message #623319 is a reply to message #623196] Mon, 08 September 2014 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mhugh
I appreciate your response and interest. It's either because of
the cascading LOVs or because of using a COLLECTION. Use of
a COLLECTION is the only factor different from what I've done before.

Thank you.
Re: APEX interactive report filters [message #623396 is a reply to message #623319] Tue, 09 September 2014 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
What exactly do you call "collections"? You saidQuote:

which appear to be a merge of two or more tables
This is just a join, is it not? Such as
select e.ename
from emp e, dept d
where e.deptno = d.deptno
If that's so, why do you call it a "collection"? Collection is a completely different thing, an ordered group of elements, all of the same type. Therefore, pay attention to terminology you use in order to avoid confusion.

I don't think that joins have anything to do with what you claim to be a problem. If you have cascading LoVs, it is expected that they behave that way. Shortly, I don't see a problem here.
Re: APEX interactive report filters [message #623458 is a reply to message #623396] Wed, 10 September 2014 06:32 Go to previous message
mhugh
Thank you for your review of my submission and your reply.
Previous Topic: Apex Zone
Next Topic: Function in Logo field
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 08:53:25 CDT 2024