Home » Open Source » NoSQL » MongoDB (or other NoSQL) vs. Oracle vs. MySQL from an admin and developer viewpoint [skills] (MongoDB)
MongoDB (or other NoSQL) vs. Oracle vs. MySQL from an admin and developer viewpoint [skills] [message #613714] Fri, 09 May 2014 10:17 Go to next message
rc3d
Hi

I see a lot of junior Job postings (in my area) where they ask for MySQL and some NoSQL db skills. For example MongoDB. Mostly they describe it with buzzword cloud.

I have good UNIX/Linux skills (I am a 'fanboy') and I am OCA DBA 11g and SQL Expert. Is MongoDB similar to Oracle? Is it "easy" to gain MongoDB skills with my small Oracle background?

For MySQL I saw that it's not a big problem for me to learn it. I know much stuff already from Oracle. Is this the same with MongoDB? Same concepts and issues?

[Updated on: Fri, 09 May 2014 10:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: MongoDB (or other NoSQL) vs. Oracle vs. MySQL from an admin and developer viewpoint [skills] [message #613733 is a reply to message #613714] Fri, 09 May 2014 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lalit Kumar B
No, MongoDB is not similar to Oracle DB technology. Oracle has vide products for it's clients. And also Oracle has much more variety of DB features which makes it unique and better than any other DB technology. Check out google search to make an efficient comparison.

If you want to compare between the two technologies, then just look the market capture and user's preference.
Re: MongoDB (or other NoSQL) vs. Oracle vs. MySQL from an admin and developer viewpoint [skills] [message #613743 is a reply to message #613733] Fri, 09 May 2014 17:18 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/products/nosqldb/documentation/nosql-vs-mongodb-1961723.pdf
Next Topic: NoSQL vs. Oracle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:41:26 CDT 2024