Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Please help me to improve the performance of this query. (Oracle 11G)
Re: Please help me to improve the performance of this query. [message #592760 is a reply to message #592697] Mon, 12 August 2013 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ajaykumarkona
Hi

Actually I am looking for alternative logic to avoid the below.

filter(INTERNAL_FUNCTION("SP"."EFFECTIVE_START_DATE")<SYS_EXTRACT_UTC(SYSTIMESTAMP(6)) AND
              INTERNAL_FUNCTION("SP"."EFFECTIVE_END_DATE")>SYS_EXTRACT_UTC(SYSTIMESTAMP(6)))

Please help me.

Thanks.
Re: Please help me to improve the performance of this query. [message #592779 is a reply to message #592760] Mon, 12 August 2013 05:58 Go to previous message
Lalit Kumar B
The filter is due to the predicate -

AND (SYS_EXTRACT_UTC (SYSTIMESTAMP) > sp.effective_start_date
     OR sp.effective_start_date IS NULL)
AND (SYS_EXTRACT_UTC (SYSTIMESTAMP) < sp.effective_end_date
     OR sp.effective_end_date IS NULL)

You have to tell what does it mean in your code and what type it is DATE or TIMESTAMP? Per the explain plan you posted earlier, this does not seem to be much of a heck, compared to the FTS on FAX_HEADER and other tables for which already a lot of suggestions have been made.

Did you try the function-based index using TRUNC(CAST(<date column>))... Did it avoid FTS? You must see an INDEX RANGE SCAN to verify.
Previous Topic: Optimize Query using Explain Plan
Next Topic: about index
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 11:00:49 CDT 2024