Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Hyperline on email to run on demand process
Hyperline on email to run on demand process [message #583667] Thu, 02 May 2013 16:05 Go to next message
bhaskaravunoori

I built a request system which include approval process. Everytime a request is submitted, an email notification will be sent out to the approver.
I want to provide the approver an easy way to approve/Denied a request by clicking a link on the email.
anyone has done this before?

Thanks.
Bhaskara A
Re: Hyperline on email to run on demand process [message #583695 is a reply to message #583667] Fri, 03 May 2013 02:12 Go to previous message
c_stenersen
You can do this by using a link with the f?p syntax (f?p=App:Page:Session:Request:Debug:ClearCache:itemNames:itemValues:PrinterFriendly), sending a request like APPROVE or similar, and setting an item to the id of that which should be approved. Then once you receive this request on the server you run a before header process which takes care of the approving. But you'll then need some checking on the server to make sure that the one who's logged in is actually the one who's allowed to approve it.

Here is a link to the documentation on the f?p link syntax:
https://apex.oracle.com//i/doc/concepts007.htm
Previous Topic: Turning a table model into a DDL to import into APEX
Next Topic: list of value, static
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:29:54 CDT 2024