Home » RDBMS Server » Security » How to rebuild AUD$ (Oracle 11G various Unix Derivates)
How to rebuild AUD$ [message #578549] Fri, 01 March 2013 03:04 Go to next message
appi
Hi all
I just have one question regarding the table AUD$.
Here is the Szenario we have:
We just move the table AUD$ into a special tablespace and activate default Auditing on Production Databases.
Now we clone our databases with rman duplicate database to Test environments.
Customers does not want to duplicate the GB's of Auditing as well, so we think about to exclude teh AUDITING Tablespace from cloning.
But we guess its not possible to start DB without AUD$ table.
How can we proceed to "create" the table in e.g AUDITING Tablespace with maybe 10M size that Oracle will accept this table and work normally if the auditing is set to NONE in pfile/spfile of TEST Environment.
Is there any function to recreate the table aud$ ?

thanks in advance
Uwe
Re: How to rebuild AUD$ [message #578552 is a reply to message #578549] Fri, 01 March 2013 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
Is there any function to recreate the table aud$ ?

No.
I think you have to ask Oracle support to get a valid answer on this point.

One option could be to save the sys.aud$ data somewhere (in another table for instance), truncate the table, duplicate your databases and remove the data to your sys.aud$ table.
In this case, why not periodically save the sys.aud$ to your own table and truncate the sys.aud$. this can be done by a job for instance, every hour. In this way, you can let sys.aud$ in SYSTEM tablespace and manage your own auditing table as you want, for instance excluding the tablespace that contains it.

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Fri, 01 March 2013 03:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to rebuild AUD$ [message #578554 is a reply to message #578552] Fri, 01 March 2013 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
appi
Thanks Michel

The problem is that our customers are a bit different and the auditors do not want to save and truncate this table in production.
And copy / truncate will not really fix the problem, because we do rman from backups.
I will raise this question to oracle also.
I see a note that in Oracle 9.2 there was a possibility to recreate the table. But I do not find this in 11.2.
regards
Uwe
Re: How to rebuild AUD$ [message #578555 is a reply to message #578554] Fri, 01 March 2013 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
And copy / truncate will not really fix the problem, because we do rman from backups.

Yes but you can not restore it in the test server, so it is in the way you said: "so we think about to exclude teh AUDITING Tablespace from cloning."

Regards
Michel
Re: How to rebuild AUD$ [message #578558 is a reply to message #578555] Fri, 01 March 2013 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
appi
Michel Cadot wrote on Fri, 01 March 2013 10:51

Yes but you can not restore it in the test server, so it is in the way you said: "so we think about to exclude teh AUDITING Tablespace from cloning."

Regards
Michel

This is true, I can exclude tablespaces, but Oracle Server recommend that this table is up and working - I think - because it is a table which is delivered by default. I am afraid that if it is not up and even if the parameter is set to none - it is a must-have table for the server ...Regards
Uwe
Re: How to rebuild AUD$ [message #578563 is a reply to message #578558] Fri, 01 March 2013 04:37 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
You don't understand what I mean.
1/ You let SYS.AUD$ in SYSTEM tablespace
2/ You create your own audit table in AUDITING tablespace
3/ Every hour you move the data from sys.aud$ to your auditing table and truncate sys.aud$
There you have an (almost) empty sys.aud$ table and you can exclude your auditing table.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Oracle Wallet Autologin - can't move it to another machine?
Next Topic: Given Grants doesn't reflect on Oracle forms 6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:10:58 CDT 2024