Home » Other » Client Tools » Compilation Errors in TOAD
Compilation Errors in TOAD [message #320606] Thu, 15 May 2008 11:18 Go to next message
majstoru
Hi,

I know that this my question is a little to much for some DB tool like TOAD, but maybe this tip is exsist and I can't find it!

Does TOAD when I write something wrong in PL/SQL (trigger for example) and after compilation (run as script) when show message:
"Warning: compiled but with compilation errors" to show what is wrong in sql code? I found this option is some db tools, but I can't find this in TOAD, of course if it can do this!

Thanks!

[Updated on: Thu, 15 May 2008 11:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Compilation Errors in TOAD [message #320661 is a reply to message #320606] Thu, 15 May 2008 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Those who live by the GUI, die by the GUI.

Open Schema Browser, navigate to Triggers. In right pane of the Schema Browser you'll see trigger code source tab by default. One of other available tabs is "Errors".

/forum/fa/4285/0/

If you first used SQL*Plus in order to really LEARN how to manipulate your code, you would probably run into the SHOW ERRORS command. Unfortunately, you chose another path /forum/fa/3314/0/
Re: Compilation Errors in TOAD [message #513493 is a reply to message #320661] Mon, 27 June 2011 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
groopk
Littlefoot wrote on Thu, 15 May 2008 15:43
Those who live by the GUI, die by the GUI... Unfortunately, you chose another path /forum/fa/3314/0/

The whole purpose of a GUI tool is to make life easier. There is no live or die by the GUI, there is no "choosing another path". It's simple- there is a script error, and it's unfortunate the tool doesn't make it easy to show what the error message is. :-/

However, thank you for posting the answer, it's very useful.

[Updated on: Tue, 28 June 2011 10:19]

Re: Compilation Errors in TOAD [message #513667 is a reply to message #513493] Tue, 28 June 2011 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:
it's unfortunate the tool doesn't make it easy to show what the error message is. :-/

I disagree. It is unfortunate that people use a tool they don't understand. Yes, I know - most users simply install the software (TOAD), never read the documentation, never had any training, so mostly use it as an advanced SQL editor. In this case, it is not a tool that makes it difficult to find what a user is looking for. User is to be blamed itself.

As of bringing your life to an unfortunate end, yes - these lines go better with someone else, not me. I probably wanted to sound smarter than I am (and failed).

[Updated on: Tue, 28 June 2011 12:47]

Re: Compilation Errors in TOAD [message #550661 is a reply to message #320606] Wed, 11 April 2012 06:05 Go to previous message
pasout81
Use

select * from user_errors.

In the o/p check Name cloumn for procedure/function/trigger... name and Text column where is the error (the one you are looking for).

[Updated on: Wed, 11 April 2012 06:33]

Previous Topic: connectivity problem to sqlplus
Next Topic: Help in getting the results correctly
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:13:30 CDT 2024