Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Business Intelligence » Master Detail Model Editor Problem
Master Detail Model Editor Problem [message #545519] Thu, 01 March 2012 00:09 Go to next message
asad.mahmood
Dear All,

I am facing problem in report while creating the Data Model. Here is two tables name

1. tblsalary
2. employee

query is

select * from employee
where employee.employeeid = tblsalary.employeeid

my report has tree portion one is showing salary by department wise in pie chart. second portion is showing salary by role wise in bar chart and third portion the salary of individual employee in Data Table.

when i click ok any department the click any role it display the employee salary for the clicked department and role but display wrong data..

Please tell me i need master detail Model Editor so what will be the correct way.

Thanks

Regards,

Asad mahmood.

Re: Master Detail Model Editor Problem [message #545526 is a reply to message #545519] Thu, 01 March 2012 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I wouldn't know; I don't use that tool (whatever it might be). However, if there are two tables (tbsalary & employee), then your query is invalid - FROM clause misses the 'tbsalary' table.

[EDIT: I forgot to put "I" (now it is painted in red)]

[Updated on: Thu, 01 March 2012 03:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Master Detail Model Editor Problem [message #545537 is a reply to message #545526] Thu, 01 March 2012 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asad.mahmood
sorry for incomplete query, I am working on Oracle BI publisher and query is correct but detail salary displaying duplicate data i dont know yyyyy... Please tell me is there any bug in this tool or there is any other issue..
Re: Master Detail Model Editor Problem [message #545539 is a reply to message #545537] Thu, 01 March 2012 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asad.mahmood
ok please tell me why i don't use this tool. is there any bug or error in this tool..

Thanks.
Re: Master Detail Model Editor Problem [message #545558 is a reply to message #545539] Thu, 01 March 2012 03:27 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Sorry for the confusion; I updated my previous message. I forgot to put "I" there, which significantly changed the sentence.

I didn't mean that you shouldn't use "that tool" (at that time, we didn't know it is Oracle BI Publisher). I meant to say that "I don't use that tool" (which is based on a fact that I'm not familiar with terminology you used).

As of duplicate salaries: can you run that query in SQL*Plus? What is the result? If it is OK, then you should search for solution in Oracle BI Publisher. If it is still incorrect, then it is query that should be modified. Obvious "workaround" might be to include "SELECT DISTINCT", but that might not be a correct solution.

Anyway: perhaps you should wait for someone who actually knows how to use that tool; I'm useless.
Previous Topic: Sorting is different in OBIEE 10.1.3.4.0 and 10.1.3.4.2
Next Topic: huge file in c:\windows\temp blocks system
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:31:19 CDT 2024