Home » Server Options » Spatial » Error in passing geometry column to SQL query
Error in passing geometry column to SQL query [message #533113] Mon, 28 November 2011 05:53 Go to next message
neetugulati
When I execute following query with static table name its working fine

SELECT pe.structure_category_name,SDO_NN_DISTANCE(2),pe.bt_object_subid,
pe.bt_owning_node_id INTO v_sDPsct,v_saddDPdist,v_dpTypeNearSrvAdd,
v_sbtOwningNodeID FROM piper_equipment pe WHERE SDO_NN(pe.shape,(unservedValue.shape),'sdo_batch_size=10',2) = 'TRUE' AND ROWNUM < 2 AND pe.bt_object_id = v_saddDPid

here unservedValue is the data_record fetching through cursor.
I have to pass table name as variable , so I have changed above query into the following

stmt_piperequipment3 := 'SELECT pe.structure_category_name,SDO_NN_DISTANCE(2),pe.bt_object_subid,
pe.bt_owning_node_id INTO v_sDPsct,v_saddDPdist,v_dpTypeNearSrvAdd, v_sbtOwningNodeID FROM '||VWPIPERDATA||' pe WHERE SDO_NN(pe.shape,(unservedValue.shape),''sdo_batch_size=10'',2) = ''TRUE'' AND ROWNUM < 2 AND pe.bt_object_id = v_saddDPid';

execute immediate stmt_piperequipment3;

While executing above query Its giving following error

ORA-00904: "UNSERVEDVALUE"."SHAPE":invalid identifier.

My question is how to pass shape into the string variable.
Re: Error in passing geometry column to SQL query [message #533126 is a reply to message #533113] Mon, 28 November 2011 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hassankse

Dear Netuu,

'SELECT pe.structure_category_name,SDO_NN_DISTANCE(2),pe.bt_object_subid,
pe.bt_owning_node_id INTO v_sDPsct,v_saddDPdist,v_dpTypeNearSrvAdd, v_sbtOwningNodeID FROM '||VWPIPERDATA||' pe WHERE SDO_NN
(pe.shape,(unservedValue.shape),''sdo_batch_size=10'',2) = ''TRUE'' AND ROWNUM < 2 AND pe.bt_object_id = v_saddDPid';

you have witen like this but it is worng, ''sdo_batch_size=10'', you cann't use single code(') twise,

'SELECT pe.structure_category_name,SDO_NN_DISTANCE(2),pe.bt_object_subid,
pe.bt_owning_node_id INTO v_sDPsct,v_saddDPdist,v_dpTypeNearSrvAdd, v_sbtOwningNodeID FROM '||VWPIPERDATA||' pe WHERE SDO_NN
(pe.shape,(unservedValue.shape),'||chr(39)||'sdo_batch_size=10'||chr(39)||',2) = '||chr(39)||'TRUE'||chr(39)||' AND ROWNUM < 2 AND pe.bt_object_id = v_saddDPid';

kindly write chr(39), it is will return a single code.

Re: Error in passing geometry column to SQL query [message #533158 is a reply to message #533113] Mon, 28 November 2011 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jrnayak
Hi Neetu,

The double quotation are fine.

remove into from select and put it in execute immediate .

stmt_piperequipment3 := 'SELECT pe.structure_category_name,SDO_NN_DISTANCE(2),pe.bt_object_subid,
pe.bt_owning_node_id FROM '||VWPIPERDATA||' pe WHERE SDO_NN(pe.shape,(unservedValue.shape),''sdo_batch_size=10'',2) = ''TRUE'' AND ROWNUM < 2 AND pe.bt_object_id = v_saddDPid';

execute immediate stmt_piperequipment3 INTO v_sDPsct,v_saddDPdist,v_dpTypeNearSrvAdd, v_sbtOwningNodeID ;

Re: Error in passing geometry column to SQL query [message #533228 is a reply to message #533158] Mon, 28 November 2011 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
neetugulati
Thanks all for your reply.I am getting problem in passing geometry column i.e., unservedValue.shape.

I am writing here few lines from my procedure to understand from where I am getting "unservedValue"

TYPE data_record IS RECORD(OBJECTID NUMBER(38,0),SHAPE FTTP_ADDRESS.L_BAR_NONCOPPER_ADD.SHAPE%TYPE,UDPRN VARCHAR(12 BYTE),NADALK VARCHAR(12 BYTE),EXCHANGE_1141_CODE VARCHAR(12 BYTE));
unservedCursor SYS_REFCURSOR;
unservedValue DATA_RECORD;
stmt VARCHAR2(2000);

BEGIN
stmt := 'SELECT * FROM ' || VWNONCOPPERADD|| ' WHERE exchange_1141_code = '''||exchCode||'''';

FETCH unservedCursor INTO unservedValue;

pe.bt_owning_node_id INTO v_sDPsct,v_saddDPdist,v_dpTypeNearSrvAdd, v_sbtOwningNodeID FROM '||VWPIPERDATA||' pe WHERE SDO_NN(pe.shape,(unservedValue.shape),''sdo_batch_size=10'',2) = ''TRUE'' AND ROWNUM < 2 AND pe.bt_object_id = v_saddDPid';

execute immediate stmt_piperequipment3;
In running mode of execution of this procedure,its giving error on this line "unservedValue.shape"
How to pass shape/geometry column to the string.
Hope I am able to explain my quetion.
Re: Error in passing geometry column to SQL query [message #533277 is a reply to message #533228] Tue, 29 November 2011 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jrnayak
the code should be like below. I have removed the "INTO v_sDPsct,v_saddDPdist,v_dpTypeNearSrvAdd, v_sbtOwningNodeID" and put in the execute immediate statement.

TYPE data_record IS RECORD(OBJECTID NUMBER(38,0),SHAPE FTTP_ADDRESS.L_BAR_NONCOPPER_ADD.SHAPE%TYPE,UDPRN VARCHAR(12 BYTE),NADALK VARCHAR(12 BYTE),EXCHANGE_1141_CODE VARCHAR(12 BYTE));
unservedCursor SYS_REFCURSOR;
unservedValue DATA_RECORD;
stmt VARCHAR2(2000);

BEGIN
stmt := 'SELECT * FROM ' || VWNONCOPPERADD|| ' WHERE exchange_1141_code = '''||exchCode||'''';

pe.bt_owning_node_id FROM '||VWPIPERDATA||' pe WHERE SDO_NN(pe.shape,(unservedValue.shape),''sdo_batch_size=10'',2) = ''TRUE'' AND ROWNUM < 2 AND pe.bt_object_id = v_saddDPid';

execute immediate stmt_piperequipment3 INTO v_sDPsct,v_saddDPdist,v_dpTypeNearSrvAdd, v_sbtOwningNodeID ;
Re: Error in passing geometry column to SQL query [message #533281 is a reply to message #533277] Tue, 29 November 2011 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
neetugulati
Thanks, I did the same as instructed by you. Now, I am getting following error.

ORA-00900: invalid SQL statement.

I think problem is in passing 'unservedValue.shape' in query statement.
Please suggest.
Re: Error in passing geometry column to SQL query [message #533285 is a reply to message #533281] Tue, 29 November 2011 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jrnayak
Take dbms output of that sql statement and see what it returns.run the query and then you will know exactly where is the problem.

dbms_output.put_line(stmt_piperequipment3);

Re: Error in passing geometry column to SQL query [message #533319 is a reply to message #533285] Tue, 29 November 2011 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
neetugulati
Hi,

in output, I am getting following result.

SELECT pe.structure_category_name,SDO_NN_DISTANCE(2),pe.bt_object_subid, pe.bt_owning_node_id FROM L_BAR_PIPER_DATA pe WHERE SDO_NN(pe.shape,(unservedValue.shape),'sdo_batch_size=10',2) = 'TRUE' AND ROWNUM < 2 AND pe.bt_object_id = '11'
Re: Error in passing geometry column to SQL query [message #533325 is a reply to message #533319] Tue, 29 November 2011 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jrnayak
You should pass (unservedValue.shape) as a variable. The statement should be like this

pe.bt_owning_node_id FROM '||VWPIPERDATA||' pe WHERE SDO_NN(pe.shape,('||unservedValue.shape||'),''sdo_batch_size=10'',2) = ''TRUE'' AND ROWNUM < 2 AND pe.bt_object_id = v_saddDPid';

Re: Error in passing geometry column to SQL query [message #533363 is a reply to message #533325] Tue, 29 November 2011 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
neetugulati
Thanks for your reply.
Whenever I passed "unservedValue.shape" as a variable.it is giving error because it is a type of SDO_GEOMETRY and will not be able to concanate into the string stmt_piperequipment3.

how can we pass parameter of type shape/geometry into the string variable.
Re: Error in passing geometry column to SQL query [message #533376 is a reply to message #533363] Tue, 29 November 2011 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barbara Boehmer
It would have helped if you had provided a complete reproducible test case, as I have done below. As previously mentioned by others, you need to separate the INTO clause. I have also used bind variables and a USING clause. It is this use of bind variable and parameter in the USING clause that allows you to pass the unservedValue.shape as a variable.

SCOTT@orcl_11gR2> CREATE TABLE piper_equipment
  2    (structure_category_name  VARCHAR2 (10),
  3  	bt_object_subid 	 NUMBER,
  4  	bt_owning_node_id	 NUMBER,
  5  	bt_object_id		 NUMBER,
  6  	shape			 MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY)
  7  /

Table created.

SCOTT@orcl_11gR2> INSERT INTO piper_equipment VALUES
  2    ('scn1', 1, 1, 1,
  3  	SDO_GEOMETRY
  4  	  (2003, NULL, NULL,
  5  	   SDO_ELEM_INFO_ARRAY (1, 1003, 3),
  6  	   SDO_ORDINATE_ARRAY (1, 1, 5, 7)))
  7  /

1 row created.

SCOTT@orcl_11gR2> INSERT INTO user_sdo_geom_metadata
  2    (table_name, column_name, diminfo, srid)
  3  VALUES
  4    ('piper_equipment', 'shape',
  5  	SDO_DIM_ARRAY
  6  	  (SDO_DIM_ELEMENT ('X', 0, 20, 0.005),
  7  	   SDO_DIM_ELEMENT ('Y', 0, 20, 0.005)),
  8  	NULL)
  9  /

1 row created.

SCOTT@orcl_11gR2> CREATE INDEX pe_idx ON piper_equipment (shape)
  2  INDEXTYPE IS MDSYS.SPATIAL_INDEX
  3  /

Index created.

SCOTT@orcl_11gR2> CREATE TABLE l_bar_noncopper_add
  2  	 (OBJECTID		 NUMBER(38,0),
  3  	  SHAPE 		 SDO_GEOMETRY,
  4  	  UDPRN 		 VARCHAR(12 BYTE),
  5  	  NADALK		 VARCHAR(12 BYTE),
  6  	  EXCHANGE_1141_CODE	 VARCHAR(12 BYTE))
  7  /

Table created.

SCOTT@orcl_11gR2> INSERT INTO l_bar_noncopper_add VALUES
  2    (1,
  3  	SDO_GEOMETRY
  4  	  (2003, NULL, NULL,
  5  	   SDO_ELEM_INFO_ARRAY (1, 1003, 3),
  6  	   SDO_ORDINATE_ARRAY (1, 1, 5, 7)),
  7  	'udprn1', 'nadalk1', 'exchcode1')
  8  /

1 row created.

SCOTT@orcl_11gR2> DECLARE
  2    stmt			 VARCHAR2(2000);
  3    VWNONCOPPERADD		 VARCHAR2(30) := 'l_bar_noncopper_add';
  4    exchCode 		 VARCHAR(12 BYTE) := 'exchcode1';
  5    unservedCursor		 SYS_REFCURSOR;
  6    TYPE data_record IS RECORD
  7  	 (OBJECTID		 NUMBER(38,0),
  8  	  SHAPE 		 L_BAR_NONCOPPER_ADD.SHAPE%TYPE,
  9  	  UDPRN 		 VARCHAR(12 BYTE),
 10  	  NADALK		 VARCHAR(12 BYTE),
 11  	  EXCHANGE_1141_CODE	 VARCHAR(12 BYTE));
 12    unservedValue		 DATA_RECORD;
 13    v_sDPsct 		 piper_equipment.structure_category_name%TYPE;
 14    v_saddDPdist		 NUMBER;
 15    v_dpTypeNearSrvAdd	 piper_equipment.bt_object_subid%TYPE;
 16    v_sbtOwningNodeID	 piper_equipment.bt_owning_node_id%TYPE;
 17    v_saddDPid		 piper_equipment.bt_object_id%TYPE := 1;
 18    stmt_piperequipment3	 VARCHAR2(2000);
 19    vwpiperdata		 VARCHAR2(30) := 'PIPER_EQUIPMENT';
 20  BEGIN
 21    stmt :=
 22  	 'SELECT * FROM ' || VWNONCOPPERADD ||
 23  	' WHERE exchange_1141_code = '''||exchCode||'''';
 24    OPEN unservedCursor FOR stmt;
 25    LOOP
 26  	 FETCH unservedCursor INTO unservedValue;
 27  	 EXIT WHEN unservedCursor%NOTFOUND;
 28  	 stmt_piperequipment3 :=
 29  	   'SELECT pe.structure_category_name,
 30  		   SDO_NN_DISTANCE(2),
 31  		   pe.bt_object_subid,
 32  		   pe.bt_owning_node_id
 33  	    FROM   ' || VWPIPERDATA || ' pe
 34  	    WHERE  SDO_NN
 35  		     (pe.shape,
 36  		      (:b_shape),
 37  		      ''sdo_batch_size=10'',
 38  		      2) = ''TRUE''
 39  	    AND    ROWNUM < 2
 40  	    AND    pe.bt_object_id = :b_saddDPid';
 41  	 DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE (stmt_piperequipment3);
 42  	 EXECUTE IMMEDIATE stmt_piperequipment3
 43  	    INTO   v_sDPsct,
 44  		   v_saddDPdist,
 45  		   v_dpTypeNearSrvAdd,
 46  		   v_sbtOwningNodeID
 47  	    USING  unservedValue.shape, v_saddDPid;
 48  	 DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE (v_sDPsct);
 49  	 DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE (v_saddDPdist);
 50  	 DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE (v_dpTypeNearSrvAdd);
 51  	 DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE (v_sbtOwningNodeID);
 52    END LOOP;
 53  END;
 54  /
SELECT pe.structure_category_name,
              SDO_NN_DISTANCE(2),

pe.bt_object_subid,
              pe.bt_owning_node_id
       FROM
PIPER_EQUIPMENT pe
       WHERE  SDO_NN
                (pe.shape,

(:b_shape),
                 'sdo_batch_size=10',
                 2) = 'TRUE'

AND    ROWNUM < 2
       AND    pe.bt_object_id = :b_saddDPid
scn1

PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.

Re: Error in passing geometry column to SQL query [message #536706 is a reply to message #533376] Thu, 22 December 2011 04:46 Go to previous message
neetugulati
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
your solution worked.
Sorry for delay in reply.
Previous Topic: Merging line geomrtry in a particular order
Next Topic: UNION operator with SDO_GEOMETRY column
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:14:20 CDT 2024