Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » How can i make rman backupset expired (11.2.0.1 windows xp)
How can i make rman backupset expired [message #533614] Wed, 30 November 2011 20:07 Go to next message
andy huang
Dear all,
How can i make rman backupset expired? and then i can use crosscheck backupset/delete expired backupset command to delete it.
Re: How can i make rman backupset expired [message #533620 is a reply to message #533614] Wed, 30 November 2011 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kamran Agayev

RMAN backups will be expired according the retention policy you've specified. What's your retention policy?
Re: How can i make rman backupset expired [message #533629 is a reply to message #533614] Wed, 30 November 2011 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Andy, you have this backwards. CROSSCHECK and DELETE EXPIRED doesn't delete backupsets: it removes entries from the RMAN repository that refer to backupsets that jave already been deleted.
Re: How can i make rman backupset expired [message #533634 is a reply to message #533620] Wed, 30 November 2011 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andy huang
Kamran Agayev wrote on Wed, 30 November 2011 23:03
RMAN backups will be expired according the retention policy you've specified. What's your retention policy?

hi,
My rman configuation is as the flowing.how can i set some backup sets to expired by manual?
RMAN> show all;
using target database control file instead of recovery catalog
RMAN configuration parameters are:
CONFIGURE RETENTION POLICY TO REDUNDANCY 1; # default
CONFIGURE BACKUP OPTIMIZATION OFF; # default
CONFIGURE DEFAULT DEVICE TYPE TO DISK; # default
CONFIGURE CONTROLFILE AUTOBACKUP OFF; # default
CONFIGURE CONTROLFILE AUTOBACKUP FORMAT FOR DEVICE TYPE DISK TO '%F'; # default
CONFIGURE DEVICE TYPE DISK PARALLELISM 1 BACKUP TYPE TO BACKUPSET; # default
CONFIGURE DATAFILE BACKUP COPIES FOR DEVICE TYPE DISK TO 1; # default
CONFIGURE ARCHIVELOG BACKUP COPIES FOR DEVICE TYPE DISK TO 1; # default
CONFIGURE MAXSETSIZE TO UNLIMITED; # default
CONFIGURE ENCRYPTION FOR DATABASE OFF; # default
CONFIGURE ENCRYPTION ALGORITHM 'AES128'; # default
CONFIGURE ARCHIVELOG DELETION POLICY TO NONE; # default
CONFIGURE SNAPSHOT CONTROLFILE NAME TO '/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/dbs/snapcf_oracl.f'; # default

Expired backups [message #533637 is a reply to message #533634] Thu, 01 December 2011 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kamran Agayev

Check the documentation:

Object is not found either in file system (for DISK) or in the media manager (for sbt). A backup set is EXPIRED if any backup piece in the set is EXPIRED.

The CROSSCHECK command does not delete files that it does not find, but updates their repository records to EXPIRED. You can run DELETE EXPIRED to remove the repository records for expired files and any existing physical files whose status is EXPIRED.

If backups are EXPIRED, then you can reexecute the crosscheck later and determine whether expired backups are available. This precaution is especially useful when you use RMAN with a media manager. For example, if some backup pieces or copies were erroneously marked as EXPIRED because the PARMS channel settings were incorrect, then after ensuring that the files really do exist in the media manager, run the CROSSCHECK BACKUP command again to restore those files to AVAILABLE status.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B28359_01/backup.111/b28273/rcmsynta015.htm

Kamran Agayev A.
Oracle ACE, OCP

[Updated on: Thu, 01 December 2011 01:24] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Expired backups [message #533642 is a reply to message #533637] Thu, 01 December 2011 00:14 Go to previous message
andy huang
Thanks!
Previous Topic: rman crosscheck (tape)
Next Topic: ORA-00283: recovery session canceled due to errors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:33:24 CDT 2024