Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » Is it Possible (Oracle ADF 11)
Is it Possible [message #520615] Tue, 23 August 2011 13:06 Go to next message
chris32680
Hi all

I know this isn't the most frequented ADF board in the world, but I thought i'd ask here first before dealing with OTN forums.

I'm very new to ADF and jdeveloper and so we're wading in kind of slowly.

So i have a situation with a master/detail relationship that I'd like to handle in a "one - line" ADF table with editing capabilities.

I know how to create an entity object from a table, slap it into an ADF table and provide the ADF form for editing when the user selects one of the rows.

But i have a situation where we have a master detail relationship (1 to many) and i'd like to lay it out the same way.

For Example table "Parent" has columns:

Parent.ID
Parent.Name
Parent.StartDate

and table "Child" has columns

Child.ParentID
Child.Qty
Child.Discount

I'd like the ADF table to list the Parent Name and StartDate with the Child Qty and Discount, and if the user clicks one of the rows, display an ADF form in a region where they can edit the values and add or delete.

I know it would get tricky when you add or delete with what to do with the parent record, but I'd like to know that this approach is even possible before getting into that.

I can provide more info if required.

Thanks all.
Re: Is it Possible [message #520754 is a reply to message #520615] Wed, 24 August 2011 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chris32680
if anyone is curious, what i've decided to do is create an updateable view so that the Entity object can contain the columns we want and then just use the db trigger to handle what happens during the dml's.

thanks
Re: Is it Possible [message #520758 is a reply to message #520754] Wed, 24 August 2011 10:13 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Thanks for the feedback.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: XML File generation
Next Topic: Native Java in Oracle vs PL/SQL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:52:37 CDT 2024