Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » Loading and processing XML file at run time (10g XE, Windows)
Loading and processing XML file at run time [message #516302] Sat, 16 July 2011 06:15 Go to next message
piotrekxxxxxx
Hi, can anybody tell me if there is any package provided with DB that would allow me to import XML file and then use XPath to read the data? I need to insert it in proper tables then. I could see packages to create XML files, but I could not see any one to load it from the file. I could see it could be done in Java using XMLDOM, but is there any way of doing this using pure PL/SQL?
Re: Loading and processing XML file at run time [message #516306 is a reply to message #516302] Sat, 16 July 2011 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Solomon Yakobson
It is not clear what type of processing are you looking for, but PL/SQL has DBMS_XMLDOM package and many others like DBMS_XMLGEN, DBMS_XMLPARSER, DBMS_XMLQUERY, DBMS_XDB, etc, a set of built in functions like XMLAGG, XMLCDATA, XMLCOLATTVAL, XMLCOMMENT, XMLCONCAT, XMLELEMENT, XMLFOREST, XMLPARSE, XMLPI, XMLQUERY, XMLROOT, XMLSEQUENCE, XMLSERIALIZE, XMLTABLE, XMLTRANSFORM, etc.

SY.
Re: Loading and processing XML file at run time [message #516307 is a reply to message #516302] Sat, 16 July 2011 09:21 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
See these topics:
Read XML Files!
Insert xml into table in plsql!

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01007: variable not in select list
Next Topic: XML Dom Could not convert from encoding UTF-8 to UCS2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:28:26 CDT 2024