Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » Java Programs hang on startup (Java JDK 1.6.0.26 / JDK 1.6.0.20)
Java Programs hang on startup [message #513085] Thu, 23 June 2011 09:08 Go to next message
thobai
Hello,

I'm facing a problem with the starting of java programs on my Win XP system. The startup most often takes from 5 to 60min. Only in rare cases java programs start-up normally. I've these problems with Eclipse, Nitro and ProM which are all Java-based tools.

I have used STraceNT to find the cause of my problems but I couldn't figure it out. I've attached the STraceNT log file for the execution of ProM. The program runs until the last line in the log while starting without showing up anything. After 20min suddenly the programs shows up and works as it normally does. The last line in the log where the software hangs for this long time is a call to WaitForeSingleObject. Before that it seams to allocate memory. I could see similar patterns in the executions of the other java programs, but I still can't see where the problem lies and how to solve it. I also tried removing the JRE and install different versions.

Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Thomas

Re: Java Programs hang on startup [message #513093 is a reply to message #513085] Thu, 23 June 2011 10:47 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
This question bears no real connection with Oracle.
Please find a more appropriate forum.
The topic is locked.
If I'm wrong, please, PM me (or report this message to a moderator, explain why you think it should be unlocked and it might be done).

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: JSF Design and Source code automatic crash
Next Topic: XML to Oracle Plsql Conversion
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:14:25 CDT 2024