Home » Infrastructure » Unix » Oracle User monitoring (Oracle9i and Unix)
Oracle User monitoring [message #495911] Wed, 23 February 2011 04:30 Go to next message
famegaurav
Hi All,

I am facing a problem to find out the oracle user details if user is login to the unix machine with sudo access like "Sudo su - gaurav" and execute any query . My query is how can i find out the actual unix machine user who entering with sudo access because at the time of connection V$session view shows the username is 'gaurav' and osuser also 'gaurav' but the user entering in unix machine as a user 'rahul'.

Is it any query or technique to trace the user

Tahnsk,
Gaurav
Re: Oracle User monitoring [message #495917 is a reply to message #495911] Wed, 23 February 2011 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Oracle does not know where you come from before the current "incarnation", this is a PURE OS information, you should ask you sysadmin to trace/audit the sudo.

In addition, if you allow someone to sudo to your account then you are responsible to what he does with your account (unless he is root/sysadmin which can do it without your agreement).

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Wed, 23 February 2011 04:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Oracle User monitoring [message #495923 is a reply to message #495917] Wed, 23 February 2011 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
famegaurav
Hi Michel,

But after entering with "sudo su - gaurav" access the unix command "who am i" shows the username 'rahul' not 'gaurav' then why oracle pick the osuser name 'gaurav' thats my concern.

For username check my first post..

Tahnks,
Gaurav Srivastava
Re: Oracle User monitoring [message #495926 is a reply to message #495923] Wed, 23 February 2011 05:18 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
I doubt you get this or you have a problem in your OS.
What is it? Which version? Copy and paste your session.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Migrating to OS X
Next Topic: get the values in shell script variable within sql block?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:55:34 CDT 2024