Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » form name to which the user is currently connected ( )
icon2.gif  form name to which the user is currently connected [message #476814] Sun, 26 September 2010 08:17 Go to next message
anwarmhscomsa
Hi all,
How can we know the FORM NAME to which the user is currently connected, using ORACLE APPLICATION SERVER FORMS & REPORTS SERVICES 10G(10.1.2.0.2).

Using Application server Control
or
Any other method

Any help in this regard is greatly appreciated

Anwar
Re: form name to which the user is currently connected [message #477825 is a reply to message #476814] Mon, 04 October 2010 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nitinbane
this is forms/reports question...

actually applications should be designed in such a way that
it should record audit log of users activity
that is, it should record entry / exit of every screen along with user id and session id detail in database table or flat file so that admin can refer to it at any given point in time or used as users history

regards
nitin
Re: form name to which the user is currently connected [message #477836 is a reply to message #476814] Mon, 04 October 2010 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anwarmhscomsa
Thankyou very much for your reply but the problem with this method, for the version I am using , my forms are running in browser, Oracle developersuite 10g or Application server 10g forms , exit form event is not recorded when user close the browser instead of closing form gracefully exit window or exit button, if u have any idea pls help

Again Thankyou very much for your reply
Anwar
Re: form name to which the user is currently connected [message #478584 is a reply to message #476814] Mon, 11 October 2010 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nitinbane
hi Anwar

1. since you want the name of the form connected. when user exits by closing browser he is not connected to any form. so there is no need to know the form name.

2. when user disconnect session by closing browser exit form trigger never get fire as also any database trigger like
<session log off> never get fires so there is no mean to record that event.
we normally lock such users next login attempt as previous attempt is not closed as per our record. User has to contact admin to release the lock. next time onward he will exit properly to avoid contacting admin.

I know this is not the answer to your query but might help is some way... god knows...

regards
Nitin

Re: form name to which the user is currently connected [message #478586 is a reply to message #478584] Mon, 11 October 2010 02:04 Go to previous message
anwarmhscomsa
Thankyou verymuch Nitin

1) I changed all forms and added code to record form name
2) When the user exits by closing browser, I am comparing the record, with v$session 's audsid column and checking whether user's session is there or user disconnected

And the problem is solved, but I was looking any other method to monitor from Application server console.

Thankyou very much for your support

Anwar
Previous Topic: engineresponsetimeout problem
Next Topic: how to hide port number
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:09:05 CDT 2024