Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » DDE.Request in Oracle forms reading only 256 charactors correctly
DDE.Request in Oracle forms reading only 256 charactors correctly [message #451166] Mon, 12 April 2010 14:41
patilsantu
Dear All,

I have one issue with reading the excel file data from oracle forms.I am uploading the data from excel file to oracle DB(10g) using the oracle forms9i and application server is 10g. To read the excel cell data, i am using the DDE.REQUEST built in available with oracle forms.Currently the code written working perfectly but problem is, it is reading first 256 charactors correctly, rest of the data will be appending with the unknown data which are not in excel data Sad .

Example
If the excel cell contains the 265 charactors

"Ukoliko se klijent pojavi proveriti vazecu dokumentaciju iz razloga sto je u sistemu bio obelezen kao NRPI,ali zbog RPI klase racuna i nedostatka dokumentacije u exp. izmenjen cu.cat. u RPI.Kolege upucene u slucaj su T. Feher i V.Nedeljkovic.Po nalogu Jelene Caraj."

then it is reading the first 256 charactors correctly and appending with improper data AJ£`Ðôò as below

"Ukoliko se klijent pojavi proveriti vazecu dokumentaciju iz razloga sto je u sistemu bio obelezen kao NRPI,ali zbog RPI klase racuna i nedostatka dokumentacije u exp. izmenjen cu.cat. u RPI.Kolege upucene u slucaj su T. Feher i V.Nedeljkovic.Po nalogu JeleAJ£`Ðôò"

Kindly help me to solve the issue Smile .

Thanks and Regards,
Santosh Kumar

Previous Topic: CREATE EXCEL FILE FROM ORACLE
Next Topic: Windows ISS(To host form) Error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:43:50 CDT 2024