Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Date and time settings
Date and time settings [message #441357] Sun, 31 January 2010 00:30 Go to next message
charuamit
Dear friends

I have the following regedit settings :
nls_calendar - AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8MSWIN1252
nls_date_format - dd-mon-yy
nls_date_language - AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8MSWIN1252
nls_lang - ARABIC_AMERICA.AR8MSWIN1256

when i issue :
SQL> select sysdate from dual;

SYSDATE
------------
31-íäÇíÑ -10

because of the month it gives me problem in many reports....I need both arabic and english systems so i cant change nls_lang....is there a way i can get the month in correct english font...even i forms the calendar shows the month,yr in arabic

please help me
thanks
charu
Re: Date and time settings [message #441383 is a reply to message #441357] Sun, 31 January 2010 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I'm not sure this will help, but nothing else crosses my mind.

You could, if possible, use the NLS_DATE_LANGUAGE, such as in the following example. I (but perhaps someone else does) don't know how to make the same application work in two different languages, but this. (Note that I don't have the arabic fonts installed)
SQL> select to_char(sysdate, 'dd-mon-yyyy', 'nls_date_language = croatian') today from dual;

TODAY
--------------------
31-sij-2010

SQL> select to_char(sysdate, 'dd-mon-yyyy', 'nls_date_language = english') today from dual;

TODAY
--------------------
31-jan-2010

SQL> select to_char(sysdate, 'dd-mon-yyyy', 'nls_date_language = french') today from dual;

TODAY
----------------------------
31-janv.-2010

SQL> select to_char(sysdate, 'dd-mon-yyyy', 'nls_date_language = arabic') today from dual;

TODAY
--------------------------------
31-┐┐┐┐┐ -2010

SQL>
Re: Date and time settings [message #441388 is a reply to message #441383] Sun, 31 January 2010 03:12 Go to previous message
charuamit
actually the problem comes when i display the calendar on a form to select a date...all the dates come in english,all months and year names appear in arabic....bt we have a mix of users max of whom know english...so i wan to display my calendar in English(though many places we need arabic fonts also)...

so what i tried is that in the form,i wrote :
forms_ddl('alter session set nls_calendar=gregorian');
nls_date_language=american
nls_language=american
nls_territory=america

bt still no effect

so what do u suggest ?
thanks and regards
Charu
Previous Topic: OracleAS - Report Server
Next Topic: Creating a new user to access OAS
Goto Forum: