Home » Server Options » Replication » Materiliezed View Replication Problem
Materiliezed View Replication Problem [message #438043] Wed, 06 January 2010 23:20 Go to next message
adnanashraf
Hello,

I am working on materialized view replication but i have an crucial issue. I have a refresh group which contain many MVs some are Read only and some are updateble but all are in Fast refresh mode (logs are created on both replication and MV sites on these objects) and are referentially integrated to each other i.e thay have parent child relationship with each other as at replication site on base tables.

When refresh group job runs to refresh these MVs i got the errors

ORA-02292: integrity constraint (string.string) violated - child record found

After that job status has changed to break,but in the same time all the pending transactions at the MVs sites are pushed to Replication site i e ( Base tables at replication site and MVs of these tables are synchronized).In order to change the status of job to Normal, i have to disable some constraints(not all) on the MVs and manually run the job .After that job status will become Normal even i enable these constraints with validation.

What will be the reason ? Are there some MVs trying to complete refresh instead of Fast or increment refresh in this refresh group?If yes how i can trace out MVs and solve this problem?

Some other information ,
Replication site running with 10gR2 Enterprise Edition.
Materialized View site running with 10gR2 Slandered Edition.

Thanx.
Re: Materiliezed View Replication Problem [message #438225 is a reply to message #438043] Thu, 07 January 2010 10:57 Go to previous message
babuknb

Quote:
MVs some are Read only and some are updateble but all are in Fast refresh mode (logs are created on both replication and MV sites on these objects) and are referentially integrated to each other i.e thay have parent child relationship with each other as at replication site on base tables.

Ok

Error Reported:

ORA-02292: integrity constraint (string.string) violated - child record found

>>What will be the reason ?

Do you have any duplicate report in your MV Site ??

>>Are there some MVs trying to complete refresh instead of Fast or increment refresh in this refresh group?If yes how i can trace out MVs and solve this problem?

>>integrity constraint (string.string) violated

Could you tel me constraint type in Materialized View? Are you using DEFERRABLE Constraint in MV Site?

>>Replication site running with 10gR2 Enterprise Edition.
>>Materialized View site running with 10gR2 Slandered Edition.

Oracle replication always recomment to use same version of database.

- Babu
Previous Topic: Replicate tables
Next Topic: Complete Refresh of Refresh group
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:13:52 CDT 2024