Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » oas10g connect to oracle database schema (Forms and Reports 10.1.3 (Patchset 3))
oas10g connect to oracle database schema [message #413501] Thu, 16 July 2009 02:01 Go to next message
brygg
hello,

I have a little problem, I use Oracle Forms and Reports 10.1.2 (Patchset 3) connected to Oracle Database Instance 10.2.0.4., in formsweb.cfg I use parameter otherParams=par_dbname="SID" to redirect do database.
My question is:
Can I connect Oas directly to only one schema in database, not connect to whole database? What parameters I have to use if this possible?

Regards:)
Re: oas10g connect to oracle database schema [message #413636 is a reply to message #413501] Thu, 16 July 2009 18:19 Go to previous message
andrew again
Every connection to an Oracle database is via a specific user. An Oracle user can contain DB objects. Each set of DB objects is owned by a user. When a connection is made to Oracle, the user can only see their own tables/views etc, as well as tables/views etc that have access granted to that user.

SID in Oracle means the Oracle instance (processes & mem) and that is usually corresponds 1:1 with the oracle database (the data). In Oracle NET (sqlnet), a SERVICE_NAME also usually maps 1:1 with the SID.

So the bottom line is you'll probably need user + pass + SID/SERVICE_NAME to connect to the database and the username used will only see what they own of have access to.
Previous Topic: Which 10gAs should i install in RHEL4
Next Topic: FRM-92101: A failure has occurred on the Server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:48:25 CDT 2024