Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » OracleResultSet and ResultSet
OracleResultSet and ResultSet [message #410557] Sun, 28 June 2009 15:44 Go to next message
casttree
I hope to use the function getINTERVALDS() in OracleResultSet, and find the existing code is using standard java interface ResultSet and PrearedStatement, I am thinking to change the existing ResultSet to OracleResultSet , but not sure if it will affect the existing code somwhat.

My application is only run in Oracle Env, so no concern for the interface with other DBs. Can I change the ResultSet tr OracleResultSet without the effect for existing code? What is the difference between OracleResultSet and ResultSet?

Thanks,
Re: OracleResultSet and ResultSet [message #410892 is a reply to message #410557] Tue, 30 June 2009 23:39 Go to previous message
Frank
It depends. I don't have the definitions of ResultSet and OracleResultSet (and don't want to look them up).
Does OracleResultSet extend ResultSet? If not, then other pieces of code that expext a ResultSet might stop working.
Does OracleResultSet prescribe methods that are not in ResultSet, and does your existing code comply to that?
Previous Topic: About a query
Next Topic: Problem with <List > declaration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:39:11 CDT 2024