Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » Loadjava in unix server (oracle 10g)
Loadjava in unix server [message #409504] Mon, 22 June 2009 23:32 Go to next message
summoner
Hi,

According to sample on the web, the sample command line is
Quote:
loadjava -user scott/tiger SimpleJava.java

As shown in the sample command, the user is the DB user.
Now the situation is that the java class is put inside a unix server. The oracle DB is on Windows server. We need to call the java class in our DB.

Assume the login for the unix server is apps/apps and the path for the class is /home/apps/java/SimpleJava.class. Can I call the java class from the DB?

I need to handle it as soon as possible. Can anyone help me to solve the problem? Embarassed

Thank you
Re: Loadjava in unix server [message #409701 is a reply to message #409504] Tue, 23 June 2009 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
loadjava -user scott/tiger@myDb SimpleJava.java

Where myDb is the tns entry in tnsnames.ora that will identify the database.
Re: Loadjava in unix server [message #409759 is a reply to message #409701] Tue, 23 June 2009 21:30 Go to previous message
summoner
Mahesh Rajendran wrote on Tue, 23 June 2009 09:23
loadjava -user scott/tiger@myDb SimpleJava.java

Where myDb is the tns entry in tnsnames.ora that will identify the database.

Thank you for reply
Do you mean I have to run "loadjava" in application server?
what if I cannot find the command in application server? And what if we cannot install any software in that server. That server is on Vendor side and we may need to contact Vendor for that

[EDITED]
This is urgent and I need to create the function as soon as possible. Can anyone give me guidelines on that?
The problem is to call the java outside and after this is solved, everything is cleared.

[Updated on: Wed, 24 June 2009 21:19]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: How to retrieve XML tag using sql
Next Topic: Casting In XML--Char to Number
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:25:11 CDT 2024