Home » Developer & Programmer » Data Integration » How to create a Schedule? (OWB 10gR2, Oracle 10g)
How to create a Schedule? [message #399002] Mon, 20 April 2009 04:29 Go to next message
vengat06
Hi All,

I have created a mapping and successfully deployed and executed. Now, I want to create a schedule to run the mappings in a specific time period.

Could you please let me know the steps to follow to create a schedule?

Environment:
OWB 10g release 2
Oracle 10g database

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Venkat
Re: How to create a Schedule? [message #399674 is a reply to message #399002] Thu, 23 April 2009 07:49 Go to previous message
ajitpal.s
Have a look at the following article

A new feature introduced from OWB 10.2 and higher which uses DBMS_SCHEDULER of the database for scheduling a mapping or process flow as database job. 

1. Create a Schedule:

In the Design Center, locate the "Schedules" node under the project.
Create a new module under the "Schedules" node by providing a name and location.
Create a new schedule under the module and provide time and frequency for the job execution.
NOTE: The location should point to the target schema.
2. Associate the Schedule:

Locate the mapping or process flow that needs to be scheduled.
Right click and select the option "configure".
Set the "Referred Calendar" to new schedule created in previous step.
3. Deploy the Scheduled Job:

Start the Control Center Manager, expand the location and locate the scheduled job.
Deploy the job with action "create".
You can verify the job created in the target schema using the below SQL command. 
The newly created job will be in  DISABLED state.
SQL>select job_name, state from user_scheduler_jobs;

4. Start the Job:

In the Control Center Manager, go to the Control Center Jobs window and select the "Scheduled" tab.
Right click on the job and select the "Start" option.
You can check the job status in the database using the SQL command mentioned in the previous step. i.e It will show the state of the scheduled jobs i.e. SCHEDULED, RUNNING or SUCCEEDED

Besides this, since OWB Generates PL/SQL Package during deployment, you can make use of shell script (unix) or batch (windows) to invoke sqlplus and execute the PL/SQL Package, then you can either schedule it in windows scheduler or cron.

Hope this helps
Previous Topic: need installable of OWB 9.2.0.2.8
Next Topic: Teradata Tables in OWB
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:40:55 CDT 2024