Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » WALLET MANAGER + SSL (9i Application Server)
WALLET MANAGER + SSL [message #390301] Thu, 05 March 2009 15:51 Go to next message
manningda
Friends:

Am working to establsih a 9iAs "Middle-Tier" for a 9i Database.

Both are hosted on the same server for the time being.

Application is written in Dynamic HTML / Java Script.

Application Server installed, however we want to also configure for HTTPS protocols.

My challeng is that apparently I am simply too dense to fully comprehend the SSL relationship to the Oracle Wallet Manager.

I feel I understand the Public/Private key concept, but am absolutely lost when trying to configure the Wallet manager and understand it's role in the Application Server.

Can anyone direct me to a fundamental explanation of the Wallet Manager and it's role in the server communication.

What I think I know at this point:
1. How to "establish/create" a wallet...

What I am struggling with is...
1. Differences between certificates (User, Trusted, etc.)
2. The role of Exporting / Importing certificates
3. There seems to be a quesion as to if the Window's OS should create a certificate and then have that "imported" to the wallet.

Im feel certain there is a fundamental understanding of SSL that we are simply lacking at this point, but do not know where to seek the knowlege.

Have read the Wallet Manager manual screens and don't see the answers there.

Have reveiewed MetaLink and general google searches, but either find SLL explained or links back to the wallet manager manual.

Suggestions...
Re: WALLET MANAGER + SSL [message #390811 is a reply to message #390301] Mon, 09 March 2009 17:06 Go to previous message
ediedrich
SEE THE FOLOWWING LINK
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B28196_01/core.1014/b28185/ssl_intro.htm
Previous Topic: Issue in running Autoconfig in DB tier
Next Topic: app server on Multi-Network Card
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:06:18 CDT 2024