Home » Developer & Programmer » Data Integration » OWB Flat File Source Module as Unix Path (OWB 10G R2, HP Unix B.11.11)
OWB Flat File Source Module as Unix Path [message #383954] Sun, 01 February 2009 00:50 Go to next message
mmittal50
While defining Flat File Source Module in OWB (10G R2), can we specify Unix path like '/home/mittm'.

I am trying to do so but OWB accept this path but when I try to import the flat file from this path it gives an error and also doesn't show any file in this path. Is there any limitation of OWB?

Thanks
Manish
Re: OWB Flat File Source Module as Unix Path [message #384323 is a reply to message #383954] Tue, 03 February 2009 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nitbubu
hi,
Even i faced the same problem. OWB may be installed in unix environment or windows environment. this could be the reason i guess. but iam not sure about it. But can tell you how to make it work.

1) First create a File module and select the connection type as 'FTP', give the corresponding host and path as yours
2) Next step what we will expect is that, it will list out the files present in the directory. but this will not happen in my case or yours. so select next, finish.
3) once you finished creating a file module, then right click the modulem,create a new flat file with the same structure whatever you wanted and with the same name as the file which is present in the directory(Make sure the File name is same)
4) once this is done, use this file and execute the mapping. Data will get loaded for sure.

So, what you need to do is that, create manually the file structure with the same name of your file after you created the File module.
Regards,
Nithya
Re: OWB Flat File Source Module as Unix Path [message #385250 is a reply to message #384323] Sun, 08 February 2009 08:34 Go to previous message
mmittal50
Thanks Nithya.

I will try this and confirm.

Regards
Manish
Previous Topic: Adding Attributes in Expression Operator
Next Topic: OWB 10g (merged)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:51:19 CDT 2024