Home » Server Options » Replication » DBs not Connected... (ORACLE 10g/Windows OS)
icon5.gif  DBs not Connected... [message #361532] Wed, 26 November 2008 16:02
doctordude100
Sync 2 DBs not connected to each other. This DBs can not connect to each other.

I have 1 Central DB, many remote laptops. They all are running ORACLE 10g, but they can never connect directly for security purposes. We have a layer of security in the middle. We need to send some kind of Deltas back and forward between the central Server and the laptops thru the security layer. The security layer will contain an application that will take care of the sync.

By the way, the Central DB and the laptops DBs do not match up. But all Laptops DB are the same. We will only want to synch a sub set of tables. I understand I can build some transformations to handle the differences.

Can I use Streams on this kind of environment?
Are there any APIs I can use to access the DML & DDL from any of my ORACLE DBs? Should I just use Log Miner to access the latest changes since last time my laptop did sync?

The idea is to get access to the DML & DDL using the Security Layer application and pass it to the other DBs.

Remember, each DB can not connect directly to each other. An application will take care of doing the Sync.

Any help/suggestion will be appreciated. Any White Paper will be great!!!

THANKS!!!
Previous Topic: Refresh group
Next Topic: No data found error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:34:14 CDT 2024