Home » RDBMS Server » Security » Creating Oracle Label Security Policy (Oracle 11g Standard Edition, Version 11.1.0.6.0, Fedora 8)
Creating Oracle Label Security Policy [message #318082] Mon, 05 May 2008 09:24 Go to next message
andydale
Hi,

I downloaded and installed Oracle 11G standard edition on Fedora 8 without any problems. We would like to be able to place row level access restrictions on our data, and after some short research, i think Oracle Label Security / Oracle VPD is the best way to go.

I installed Oracle Label Security following the offical guidelines, and enabled it using dbca. I then unlocked the LBACSYS user, and granted the SELECT ANY DICTIONARY system privilege. I then try and create my first label policy (READ_CONTROL, via enterprise manager), on clicking on OK i am presented with the following message:

Failed to commit: ORA-12412: policy package LBAC$SA is not installed ORA-06512: at "LBACSYS.LBAC_SYSDBA", line 113 ORA-06512: at "LBACSYS.SA_SYSDBA", line 44 ORA-06512: at line 1

Does anyone know how to solve this ?

Thanks in advance,

Andy
Re: Creating Oracle Label Security Policy [message #318289 is a reply to message #318082] Tue, 06 May 2008 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
msmallya
This indicates Oracle Label Security not installed (?) or License issue (?)

ORA-12412 error is
"policy package %s is not installed"
The policy package does not exist in the database.
Check that the policy package name is correct or install the required policy package

Also you can confirm in v$option.

Regards,

MSMallya

[Updated on: Tue, 06 May 2008 06:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Creating Oracle Label Security Policy [message #324884 is a reply to message #318082] Wed, 04 June 2008 07:32 Go to previous message
andydale
Hi,

Sorry for the really late response, but i did manage to fix this problem.

I noticed that on login to EnterpriseManager that there were around 50 invalid objects in the lbacsys schema. I recompilied all the invalid objects, and the problem went away.

Cheers,

Andy
Previous Topic: How to know the actual password (not hashcode) of any user as a DBA
Next Topic: default role for user
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:43:57 CDT 2024