Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Business Intelligence » How to pass parameter in XML publisher
How to pass parameter in XML publisher [message #216821] Tue, 30 January 2007 10:25 Go to next message
triluu

Hi!
I learning XML publisher, but i don't known how to pass parameter from RTF template when runtime.
Can You help me???
Re: How to pass parameter in XML publisher [message #225095 is a reply to message #216821] Sat, 17 March 2007 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vamsi kasina
How are you generating XML output?
Using rdf or Data Templates?
Quote:
how to pass parameter from RTF template
Do you want to pass parameter from RTF Template? to Where?

By
Vamsi
Re: How to pass parameter in XML publisher [message #228984 is a reply to message #225095] Wed, 04 April 2007 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jayuu22
Hi,
i've same problem. I want to pass parameter at the run time.I created parameter based on list of values.its displays at run time but it doesn't affect report.
Plz help me
Re: How to pass parameter in XML publisher [message #278049 is a reply to message #216821] Thu, 01 November 2007 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
satchin
hi

Do u want to display the parameter in the template?
whats the template based on, is it based on RDF??

thanks
Re: How to pass parameter in XML publisher [message #303887 is a reply to message #216821] Mon, 03 March 2008 02:31 Go to previous message
daibatzu
I might be wrong about what you're asking.

Let's say that to run your report, you need one parameters, p_employee_name. If you want this to show up in your report this is what you will have to do.

First, create a text form field at the very beginning of your RTF file. After creating the text form field, right click to view the properties. Then click on "Add Help Text". In the field, enter <?param@begin:P_EMPLOYEE_NAME?>. The basic format is <?param@begin:PARAMETER_NAME?> where PARAMETER_NAME is the name of your parameter.

Then you will have to create another text form field, i.e which will actually display the parameter. So follow the same steps as above, but in the "Add Help Text" section, enter:

<?$P_EMPLOYEE_NAME?>

Please not the $ sign.

And that's it. Your parameter should show up.
Previous Topic: Master detail report from apex
Next Topic: Looking for the best Oracle Business Intelligence app
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:39:38 CDT 2024