Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Business Intelligence » Prompts On One Page (OBIEE 10.1.3.2.1)
Prompts On One Page [message #299903] Wed, 13 February 2008 10:20 Go to next message
rptwriter
My company just installed OBIEE 10.1. I'm the one in the business unit who writes the reports.

Most reports have a series of prompts (cost center, start date, end date, manager, etc.). This results in a series of prompt screens to run the report. For example:

1. Enter Cost Center, click next.
2. Enter Start Date, click next.
3. Enter End Date, click next.
... and so on.

I would like all the prompts on one screen, like:
Cost Center _____
Date ______ to ______
Manager _________
[Click To Run Button]

Is what I want possible with OBIEE?
Where can I find information regarding how to accomplish?

Thanks In Advance.

--
www.allabouttheben.com

Re: Prompts On One Page [message #300168 is a reply to message #299903] Thu, 14 February 2008 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
I have to admit I'm not even sure how you created these prompt-pages. But if you create a dashboard prompt, then the various fields are all next to eachother (or under, what you prefer).
Re: Prompts On One Page [message #300188 is a reply to message #299903] Thu, 14 February 2008 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rptwriter
Thank You skooman. Yes, when I create the prompts, they are all listed on the creation screen. It's later when a user executes the report from Oracle Answers that I want all the prompts listed; rather than having to step through them one-by-one.

I have attached a picture to better explain.

--
www.allabouttheben.com
  • Attachment: example.JPG
    (Size: 84.08KB, Downloaded 1373 times)
Re: Prompts On One Page [message #300192 is a reply to message #300188] Thu, 14 February 2008 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
Okay, I see. You have used the prompts in answers. But I was refering to a dashboard prompt.
As far as I'm aware of, you should either use a dashboard prompt in the dashboard, but the user can still use the filters ("catching" the result of the prompts, so all of the filters are "prompted") in the request itself. So, I would recommend to get rid of the answer prompts, create the filters you need as prompted, create a dashboard prompt containing these same fields and that should give the functionality you're looking for.
Re: Prompts On One Page [message #300248 is a reply to message #299903] Thu, 14 February 2008 13:36 Go to previous message
rptwriter
Surprised
Thank You again skooman. Dashboard Prompts! Exactly what I needed.

--
www.allabouttheben.com
Previous Topic: ODBC Connection for OBIEE
Next Topic: degenerated dimensions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:48:19 CDT 2024