Home » Server Options » Data Guard » Applied information doesn't synced between primary and standby (oracle 10gr2, aix5L)
Applied information doesn't synced between primary and standby [message #284850] Sat, 01 December 2007 19:58 Go to next message
pdillip
I have 2-node RAC as primary database. I have a physical standby database. My standby database was down last week. Again it was restarted on last monday. Now a peculiar thing happened. All logs are applied to standby database and it is reflected in v$archived_log as well as v$dataguard_status & alert.log. But when I query v$archived_log in primary database, all logs are showing not applied since the restart of DataGuard. RMAN is also confused to delete those files because of this and throwing errors
RMAN-08137: WARNING: archive log not deleted as it is still needed

there is no v$archived_gap and v$managed_standby showing the latest logs from primary database is being applied to standby database..

I am facing space constraints because of these log files. Is there any way to rectify this problem?

thanks in advance

-Dillip

[Updated on: Sat, 01 December 2007 19:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Applied information doesn't synced between primary and standby [message #284930 is a reply to message #284850] Sun, 02 December 2007 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

Did you try to apply manually those logfile which showing "not applied" in your primary database.
Re: Applied information doesn't synced between primary and standby [message #285843 is a reply to message #284930] Wed, 05 December 2007 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pdillip
Hi Taj,

Thank you for your helping hand.

Is there any need for manual apply when my Standby Dataguard is up-to-date with the primary database. I think this problem started when we give this command..

ALTER DATABASE RECOVER MANAGED STANDBY DATABASE USING CURRENT LOGFILE;

What I guess is that dataguard,instead of applying archived logs from primary database, it is applying from standby log. Because of this, v$archived_log is not updated. Archived log is being not applied to standby database because of the logs already applied from standby log.

But after doing this, my ARC0 process in the primary database is taking lot of CPU time. I am thinking to reboot the machine to take care of everything itself.

I went through lot of websites, but no one has given a proper explanation till date including METALINK!

If you have any idea, please let me know.

Thanks.

Dillip
Re: Applied information doesn't synced between primary and standby [message #286130 is a reply to message #285843] Thu, 06 December 2007 09:52 Go to previous message
DreamzZ
Try this command do you have SRL's?

SQL>ALTER DATABASE RECOVER MANAGED STANDBY DATABASE USING CURRENT LOGFILE DISCONNECT;

Previous Topic: switchover b/w primary db to standby
Next Topic: Relocating Standby Redo Log Files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:41:15 CDT 2024