Home » Developer & Programmer » Designer » Administering Designer Security
icon5.gif  Administering Designer Security [message #206111] Tue, 28 November 2006 16:56
SilverLeaf
Version: 10.1.2.0.2

Question: Is anyone familiar with a method to add roles to the administration section of Designer so that access rights can be granted to that role?

From what I can see, the Public role is already granted. The + (add role) button is greyed out and unavailable.

It seems to me that Designer was built with the capability to assign rights to Roles otherwise the Public role would not be available in the tool. With that in mind, the trick would be to ensure other roles are added to the same .... location that the Public role is located.

That, of course, would have to be done in the same way the Public role in the tool was set up.

The main limitation I can see would be if the Public role in Designer was actually hard-coded into the security mechanism of designer. That would pose a problem, to be understating the situation, with setting up other roles.

If the Public role is hard-coded into the security mechanism one would be out of luck. If, however, Public is linked to a new individual as their user id is attached to the Designer tool, then it makes sense that linking a new role into Designer and hooking the individuals to that role would work in granting appropriate access to Designer objects through roles.

This would likely have to be done through the back-end which would make scripting the solution possible.

Any thoughts on the above are welcome!
Previous Topic: ERWin : getting ORA 01041 Internal Error while connecting
Next Topic: How to set up foreign keys across 2 schemas
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:44:21 CDT 2024