Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » WebCenter Suite & Portal » Oracle 9i File Uploading Problem
Oracle 9i File Uploading Problem [message #108676] Mon, 15 November 2004 23:34 Go to next message
Ashwin Mittal
Hi All,

Myself Ashwin Mittal, I am new to Oracle 9i.

Can anybody tell me how I can upload File in Oracle9i..

Thanking in advance..

Waiting for reply asap.

Regards,

Ashwin Mittal.
Re: Oracle 9i File Uploading Problem [message #149606 is a reply to message #108676] Fri, 02 December 2005 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fjfish
Hi,

I've just been fighting with this one myself. I found the answer here:

http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/9i/FileUploadDownloadProcedures9i.php?display_type=printable

In esssence, if you are using mod_plsql, the software will do it for you and put it in a table you nominate in the DAD.

Writing this back out again you can use Java or utl_file.

Hope this helps.

Re: Oracle 9i File Uploading Problem [message #150442 is a reply to message #108676] Wed, 07 December 2005 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Search the 'Forms' forum for 'blob'. There are a few solutions listed there.

David
Re: Oracle 9i File Uploading Problem [message #150492 is a reply to message #150442] Thu, 08 December 2005 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fjfish
If and only if you want to use client/server text_io and forms? Which is terribly slow.

Also, if you're running web forms, the file will need to be on the middle tier already. There is a Java Bean to move files for forms but it will only put things on the middle tier. In the UK we have a phrase: "as much use as a chocolate teapot". If you're running a *nix implementation you can mount a file system from the middle-tier server onto the database server and away you go, but windows is much harder because of its single-user nature and most of my clients run windows, 'cos they prefer the enemy they know.

I've been through this already.

Or maybe I'm wrong? If there is a way to get stuff straight onto the database server from web forms without some horrible Apache/windoze services kludge please tell me.

Smile
Re: Oracle 9i File Uploading Problem [message #150667 is a reply to message #150492] Fri, 09 December 2005 00:17 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Search the forms forum for 'webutil'. There are both 'host' and 'client_host' commands available.

David
Previous Topic: loading the BFILE-stored picture into HTML
Next Topic: Oracle Portal History
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:29:04 CDT 2024